Muppet merchandise and obscure characters

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey, folks. Convincing John here.

I was thinking about what a great year this has been for Muppet merchandise...especially the action figures! Ever since I was a kid, I wanted a 3D version of Zoot...FINALLY!!!

Well, anyway, I think we can all agree on one thing...that businesses are realizing that there are Muppet fans out there that want quality Muppet merchandise!

Since we, as fans, have some "pull" in what should be made in the future, I would like to give my two cents worth for what I would like to see.

Being overwhelmed at the concept of Mahna Mahna and the Snowths as PVC's, my opinion is that we should keep suggesting more background characters be made in 3D form.

I would love to see characters from different Muppet series on the shelves. Like...how many of you would like to have action figures of Wilkins and Wontkins? Or how about a set of PVC's devoted to the Land of Gorch?

The trouble is, only hard core fans would really know who these characters are. But perhaps there could be a way to market them. The Snowths are packaged in with Piggy and Gonzo, right? Well, how about having a set like this:

The evolution of Kermit PVC's:

Sam and Friends Kermit
Ed Sullivan (red sweater) Kermit
Double collar Kermit
Current Kermit

Or...Muppet Monster PVCs..(it could work)

Set 1:
Scred
Ploobis
Sweetums
Streaka-Streaka (silver beaked birdlike creature)

Set 2:
Trudge (furball with club)
The Mighty Favog
Queen Peuta
Gorgon Heap

Set 3:

Vazh
Wisss
Behemoth
Boppity (Blue Frackle with 3 feet)

Sam and Friends:

Kermit
Harry
Sam
Yorick

Y'know, sets like that. While the public is listening to us, I think we should also ask for DVDs of stuff we'd like to see. The Ed Sullivan DVD is a beautiful gem. While we're at it, why not request:

Sam and Friends (need I say more?)
Commercials (Wilkins coffee+others)
Jim's old films (Time Piece, Youth '68, The Cube)
Muppet Meeting films (from the 80's)
Land of Gorch segments

Anything I missed?

It's great that things like "The Muppet Show" and "The Muppet Movie" are out on DVD, but wouldn't it be cool to have the rarer stuff? Any way we can vote for these characters in upcoming Muppet stuff?

Convincing John

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Great ideas. I, too, am a fan of many obscure characters.

Problem is that Palisades has to buy the license from JHC to make the characters, and the current license agreement doesn't extend to commercials or Sam and Friends (although, those characters as toys are something I've never thought of before and that would be NEAT!).

Currently, it's the Muppet movies, TMS, and MT (as best my recollection extends).

I would love for them to have the rights to all the Muppet properties, including anything from the Creature Shop and SS and Fraggle Rock!!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Convincing John,

Some of the Muppets you listed have alreayd been made, In some form or other...

A Zoot finger puppet pvc came out in the first Season of The Muppet Showin the UK.

Wilkins and Wontkins vinyl hand puppets were made when the Commercials were airing.

Sweetums was made in PVC for twice!
Once in the 80's and then again in the 90's!

see ya

Convincing John

Reaction score
Well, yes, but they are very hard to find nowadays. The original PVCs of Traveling Matt and Nigel (TMS conductor) are also endangered species.

I've seen the Wilkins and Wontkins puppets only on Ebay, and the price just keeps going up...and up...and up... :rolleyes:

Kermit (looking at an Ebay auction on his laptop in a fancy "supper club"): GASP!
Piggy: What is it, dear?
Kermit: Oh, nothing, I just find it rather amusing that the Wilkins and Wontkins puppets are the same price as an Oldsmobile...

And for us who have trouble finding exclusives, we should also inquire about having just one character available everywhere in the world......

And here's the commercial I made up for it:

"Introducing...DON MUSIC!!!

That's right, Don Music comes with accessories like a grand piano, bust of Beethoven, picture of Joe Raposo, and unfinished sheet music!

Don Music is perfect for Muppet fans who just can't get those exclusive characters, or who always lose at Ebay auctions! Don Music comes fully articulated with special head banging and yelling action! Now you'll have someone to yell "Oh, I'll never get it! Never, never never!" with!

Buy one for work, one for home, and one for the car! That's right, friends! And here is the best part! Don Music is available EVERYWHERE!!! He has been shipped out all over the world! He's not just available in stores! Get your Don Music at all restaurants, auto garages, newspaper stands, gas stations, and Kool-Aid stands! We're making this the most available piece of Muppet merchandise ever!!! So share your frustrations along with the one and only DON MUSIC!!!"

:big_grin:

Convincing John

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Convincing John,

Hey,
There are supposedly Nigel and Sam the Eagle PVC's made by Comics Spain.
Although they are in a PVC magazine, No one around here has ever seen them.

I have the Schleich Travelling Matt PVC!

see ya

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Hey,
There are supposedly Nigel and Sam the Eagle PVC's made by Comics Spain.
Although they are in a PVC magazine, No one around here has ever seen them.

I have the Schleich Travelling Matt PVC!

see ya
What is a PVC magazine? Are these in the same CS line that featured MP, KTF, GTG,FB and Animal? :mad: :smile: :concern: :embarrassed: :halo: Are there photos of them in the magazine?

Thanks
Chad

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Chad Kermit said:
What is a PVC magazine? Are these in the same CS line that featured MP, KTF, GTG,FB and Animal? :mad: :smile: :concern: :embarrassed: :halo: Are there photos of them in the magazine?

Thanks
Chad
Left out the Swedish Chef.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Chad

They were in a Magazine that listed lots of PVC's, On the list of Muppet PVC's was all the Schleich set and then the Comic Spain set. With Nigel and Sam listed with the rest of the set.

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't wait for the Palisades Sweetums.. thing. Unfortunatley, because of budget constraints he'll only be a retail exclusive (and pretty pricey) but I'm told the sculpt alone is well over worth it!

I just hope they Make him in PVC for those who cannot find it...