Muppet Mastercard Adverts Debut In UK

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The commercials are still showing here in the movie theaters as well.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah i agree that outdoor stuff seems to really work for them when the concept is good, if they were to do outside stuff with real people then you'd have to work out whether it would be scripted or ad-libbed. I'm sure the puppeteers could keep either up and do well - the ad-libbing they did over the video screen at MFest sounded great from what memories i've heard. You couldn't fill a whole show with outside stuff, and it wouldnt work in a puppet sitcom, so i guess they'd need to be talking either small skits or a puppet talk show where they do outside bits.

I agree that whoever came up with the ads is brillant and it's ironic that this is probably some ad-executive group who spent a few hours remembering the Muppet Show and came up with the concepts. The people at Henson spend their lives on it and they have yet to come up with something as good as this.
I think its a case of the outside looking in. Im hopeful the days of the fully inclosed set movie days are over. And I would love to see an outdoor thing implemented in a new show. I mean why not? Ever since JH debuted the idea to take the Muppets out of the theatre, and into real life...those can be some of the best scenes! Actually...its funny, at the live Muppet Show in 2001, the opening skit had Mahna Mahna cruising in a car(ala Flat Eric) around night time Hollywood, and calling Kermit and the Snowths from a In and Out Burger pay phone! No joke! So yeah, bring back the theatre curtain and add in some outside skits!