Muppet Letter Switch

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's something that's fun. Take a Muppet and their name, then change, move or take away a letter or two and watch them morph into someone different.

1. Start with Waldorf. Take away the RF and watch him change to Waldo. Then bring back RF and watch him change back to Waldorf. Then take away A and D, switch the remaining letters and watch him become Rowlf.

2. Start with Beauregard. Shorten his name to Beau, then replace the U with N and watch him morph into Bean. Then take away N and add KER and he becomes Beaker.

3. Start with Guy Smiley. Take away Guy and switch the M and L in Smiley and watch him shrink down to Slimey. Then take away LIME and insert ULL and he becomes Sully. Then take away SU and add TE and he becomes Telly.

4. Start with Statler. Take away TATL and insert COOT in the middle and watch him become younger and change into Scooter. Then take away SC and ER and add a Z and watch him become Zoot. Then take away OT and add GON and he morphs into Gonzo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice... Or you could start with Beauregard, shorten it by removing the aureg, and he becomes Beard.

Xerus

Reaction score
That's cool too Count.

And I thought up some more. Take Gonzo, take away GON and add RIZ and turn him into Rizzo. Then take away RIZ and bring back GON and turn him back to Gonzo. Then take away NZO, add BO and he becomes Gobo. Then take away GO and add OBER to the end and he becomes Boober.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I never really thought of that. Kind of reminds me of the opening to the last season of the "Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show" when all the characters kept morphing into other characters.

Alright, let me try one:

Take away the G- in Gobo and replace it with a B- to make Bobo.

That's all I can think of now. I'll try to think of more later on.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Or take GOBO, take off the B and replace it with NZ and get GONZO. Take off the GON and add RIZ and get RIZZO. Take the RIZ and add OT to the end and get ZOOT. Take off the Z and add SC, and ER to the end. We got SCOOTER. Take off the OTER, reverse the letters and add AR to the end and we got OSCAR. Take off the OSC and add CRAZY H and an RY to the end and we got CRAZY HARRY. OK, I've gone too far now...