Muppet Family Christmas

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I managed to get hold of a copy of Muppet Family Christmas (Columbia Tristar, 1998) and I remember watching it as a child. I was so happy to see all of my favorite Muppet characters come together under one roof and today it brings :cry: tears to my eyes to watch it.

Just seeing the old Sesame Street cast and the Fraggles interacting with the Classic Muppet cast is so heart wrenching.

Does anyone else feel like bursting into tears whenever they see a beloved Muppet memory or watching a work Jim Henson worked on?

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
I tend to get a bit teary when watching the original Muppet Movies and other Henson shows I loved so much as a child. Its makes me emotional because it reminds me of those carefree days of being little and feeling like the world was at your feet, and also because the Muppets never really were the same after Jim Henson died. I still love them just the same, but I cherish the 'old days'...

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas is definetly a favourite of mine.I have it on vhs and watch it every Christmas season.Sadly it seemed to be the last time the Classic Muppets cast and Sesame Street cast were ever together like that.It's always fascinating to see both casts interacting with eachother.It was a riot when Janice had a plate of cookies for everyone,and Cookie Monster gobbles them down the way he always does.Janice asks"Who was that funny blue creature"?To which Animal replies"He's my kinda guy".Other two traditional muppet specials I own on vhs,and like to watch every year,are A Very Muppet Christmas and Christmas Eve On Sesame Street. :sing: :flirt:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, that part's hilarious. Then they're like "This is small talk where we come from!"

and later when The Count is counting snowflakes and Doc is like "Hmm, must be more small talk" :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin:

fozziecub

Reaction score
:smirk:
pass it on pass it on lol
I mean of course the pebble that fraggles pass to robin

makes me go :cry: when Jim appears with the doggie