Muppet Family Christmas UK DVD questians

muppet_dk

Reaction score
It's not been edited as much as the US version. So it's the best one to buy.

anathema

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Hi. Does anyone know if this DVD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C24UZ/ref=pd_ir_d_h_/026-4220003-9932454 has the edits, with the songs cut from it?

I would appreciate any help soon, because I wnt to buy it before it goes up again (it might...)

Thanks,
Beau
It's the same edit as the one available on VHS, which is also the one that is aired in the US these days.

It differs from the original broadcast version in that the commercial breaks have been edited out, and two very short scenes are missing (Fozzie lighting the tree, and Fozzie and Ma talking about Fozzie's stocking). No songs are missing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
anathema said:
It's the same edit as the one available on VHS, which is also the one that is aired in the US these days.

It differs from the original broadcast version in that the commercial breaks have been edited out, and two very short scenes are missing (Fozzie lighting the tree, and Fozzie and Ma talking about Fozzie's stocking). No songs are missing.
Whahhoooo!

If the songs ain't missing, it's in my shopping basket right now!

Right, here is a quick questian which isn't answered inteh FAQ. Why are the sings not missing inthe uK?

anathema

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Right, here is a quick questian which isn't answered inteh FAQ. Why are the sings not missing inthe uK?
Music clearances. For some reason, certain of the songs cannot be cleared for home video release in the US. The rights situation is different in the UK, hence the songs can be included.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Coolness! I'm buying that and Best of teh Muppet Show Vol. 3 together for £10....so great!

beaker

Reaction score
I recently saw the entire uncut 48 minute MFC from 87, commercial bumpers and all. While it sucks these songs were taken out of the US version, the sheer beuatiful clarity of the dvd makes up for this to me at least.