Muppet Bloopers and Hidden Movie Trivia

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So I L:flirt:VE bloopers and hidden things in the movies, whether they're legitimately there (like hidden Mickeys in Disney movies) or urban legends (like the munchkin who hangs himself in "The Wizard of Oz") or even simple bloopers, so I thought we needed a collective list where we all searched the Muppet movies for fun stuff!

I just finished studying The Muppet Movie, and here are some cool finds:
• At the Bogen County Fair where Kermit meets Ms. Piggy, some people are walking around carrying confederate flags!
• Dr. Teeth has a picture of Big Bird on his piano by the dash on the Electric Mayhem's bus
• In true colonial style, the clock in Bunsen's store in the ghost town features the Roman numeral 4 as IIII instead of IV which was typical of the time period from wence the town is from.
• When the Muppets are initially denied entrance to Lou Lord's office, the fan behind them is on and spinning. However, when they learn the secretary is allergic to them, the fan is off and still until Kermit turns it on.
• When the Muppets are talking to Lou Lord, Janice is standing to the right and leaning on a small white table. After Mr. Lord tells his secretary to bring up the standard "rich and famous" contract, she's behind the group in the middle.

Christy saw this in The Muppets Take Manhattan:
I wonder if anyone else has spotted this. In Muppets Take Manhattan Rowlf has that scene where he's taking care of the Dog Kennell right?? Well if you look closely at the name tags on the cages the greater majority of them are Henson performers! I know I spotted Jim, Frank, and a Steve for sure. I believe I saw a Jerry in the back ground.
So study all your Muppet movies and post your unique finds here!

I made a thread similar to this years ago, but it seems to have been deleted.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yes, also in the muppet movie I think it's when gonzo is in the sky with the balloons it appears as if the steering weal is not real because fozzie moves it around.:embarrassed: :concern:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I totally saw that too! It was just before they crash into that REALLY freaky pie billboard.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I also never noticed that when Frank makes his cameo as the biker in TMM, he yells out "Wocka Wocka" in a deep Animal like voice when he throws Fozzie.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I also never noticed that when Frank makes his cameo as the biker in TMM, he yells out "Wocka Wocka" in a deep Animal like voice when he throws Fozzie.
I noticed that in-joke years ago, and still find it funny!

BabyScooter

Reaction score
I never noticed that stuff at all thanks guys. I have on in TMM when gonzo is hanging from the balloons as soon as the balloons get shot look closely when he is falling the balloons are green and red first but when he is on the car they are both blue.:concern: :wink: :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that just as they hit into Gonzo's van in TMM, Fozzie speaks but his mouth isn't moving in the mirror?

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about bloopers, like gag reels.

Here's my favorite Muppet bloopers:
In Kermit's Swamp Years: "You know there's something magical about going back to the place where you grew up, every tree and {tongue stumbles} collrpollid-- lilly...sniller... shnidge schnadge schnuddly schnür {mumbles in fake Swedish, like the Chef}."
In Muppets from Space: When Pepe starts singing The Gambler: "Know when to fold it, know when to--" and it is that point where they're supposed to turn around because of the lawnmower humming outside. Since it never happens, there is complete silence, and Rizzo sheepishly brings the tune back up: "You... never count...", then Clifford haltingly picks it up: "yyyyyyour money." In an instant, Pepe, Clifford and Kermit start singing the song again at full speed, and Rizzo leaves in embarrassment: "When you're sitting at the table, there'll be time enough for countin' [Clifford: OOH!] when the dealin's done."
Muppets Tonight with Jason Alexander: "Personally, as a matter of principle, I would not do this number, BUT I am gonna do it, for no other reason but to get this STUPID OFF m--" Seymour and Pepe: "Stupid off?"