Muppet Appearances in Music Videos

robertwalker

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find the instances of when a muppet appeared in a music video? Also I am only interested in the original muppets, no other puppets. I know they appeared in a Weezer video. But I swore there were appearances of the muppets in music videos from the 80s and 90s. I have searched the forum and futhermore Google.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mtv used to run a video of Kermit and the gang singing "Kokomo." It's a pretty cool video. I think they also used the radio version of the love song from Muppets Treasure Island with scenes from the movie. It's the only things I can think of so far.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
There is also "I'm Going To Always Love You" which MTV also ran with the Muppet Babies, Kermit, Miss Piggy, and a brief cameo of Jim Henson himself.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Now that i recall

and i think late 80's the ran the Muppet Parodies of songs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was also Wipe Out, with Animal, and She Drives Me Crazy, with Kermit and Miss Piggy, plus many celebrity cameos (similar to the cameos from Put Down the Duckie).

Nickelodeon used to show the music videos for Kokomo, Wipe Out, and She Drives Me Crazy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
robertwalker said:
Also I am only interested in the original muppets, no other puppets.
What do you mean by this? Do you mean only Muppets who were created for The Muppet Show? Do you mean no puppets that weren't from The Jim Henson Company (because The Jim Henson Company was the only company to call its puppets Muppets, and now Disney calls them Muppets)? Do you mean no parody appearances by Muppets (such as fan-made puppets resembling the muppets, or store-bought Puppets used in a video)?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
There's the "Keep Fishin' " video by Weezer. And that family video that featured SS, Muppets, Barney and a barage of other PBS charaters.

robertwalker

Reaction score
Now that i recall

and i think late 80's the ran the Muppet Parodies of songs
yeah I think this is probably what I was thinking of. Any idea which songs were parodied?

Mtv ran it? or Disney

i never saw it on MTV but i could be wrong
I am referring to MTV videos.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean only Muppets who were created for The Muppet Show? Do you mean no puppets that weren't from The Jim Henson Company (because The Jim Henson Company was the only company to call its puppets Muppets, and now Disney calls them Muppets)? Do you mean no parody appearances by Muppets (such as fan-made puppets resembling the muppets, or store-bought Puppets used in a video)?
I mean the original muppets from the show.

There's the "Keep Fishin' " video by Weezer. And that family video that featured SS, Muppets, Barney and a barage of other PBS charaters.
I am in search of older content from like the 80s and early 90s.

There was also Wipe Out, with Animal, and She Drives Me Crazy, with Kermit and Miss Piggy, plus many celebrity cameos (similar to the cameos from Put Down the Duckie).

Nickelodeon used to show the music videos for Kokomo, Wipe Out, and She Drives Me Crazy.
I am simply looking for cameos and/or parodies, not children songs.

Thanks

Jon

Reaction score
Jim Henson co did the video for Supergrass's "Pumping on your stereo", that looks very Muppets, very season one! Not quite what your after , though.