Mumford Sesame Street toy!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I went into a store here today, they seem to stock anything that falls off the back of a truck or anything off companies or shops that close down etc.
They often have some good toys and things. Well today In amongst a huge barrell I found a soft beanie toy of mumford from sesame steet which was made in 1997. Its in new condition, no damage or anything, has a mint condition tag and all. I bought it just because I havent seen one of these before, it was only $2AUD aswell, so thats less than 1 US dollar.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it rare or anything?
I bought it mainly to see if anyone on Muppet Central might like it or I might just keep it as Mumford was one of my favourite sesame characters though I dont really collect any sesame stuff other than records.

Thanks,
from Paul

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is from the Sesame Street Beans set that came out in 1997. Kellogs released mini-bean versions of the same dolls in their cereals in 1999-2000.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I hope this was'nt a silly buy, even though it was only $2AUD I would feel pretty stupid if its not really a bargain or very easy to find. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well I find alot at Goodwill but none w/ tags and all. So I still think what u found is hard to find these's w/ tags and not torn or dirty. I found a Mumford but it was torn and dirty. :mad: I've been only able to find Telly, Barkley, Honker and Snuffy but I proubly have more but don't know it. Oh I think I have Oscar but can't remember but most of the ones I've mention don't have their tags but still in good condition. Hope this helps but don't get mad beacuse most of the ones I find r not any good. So keep in mind that u found a good one w/ everything on it.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Well, Its a bargain when its brand new for only $2AUD. I checked in all the huge trolleys they had there to make sure there were no more. They did have lots of bean toys of the peanuts gang, I couldnt find snoopy though. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got a Mumford a few years back at a local chain of Discount book stores. They only had like 3 of him, no one else. Other locations had Guy Smiley and some others, but I wasn't able to get anymore.

My collection is

Oscar
Rubber Duckie
Mumford
Sherlock Hemlock (my favorite)
Count VonCount
Benny Rabbit
and three mini Kellogs premiums, Bert, Guy, and Cookie...

TRU had a few, but they were in bad shape and only had Benny (I have him) and baby Bear, covered in God knows what...