Moving Ears? (Batly, Eureka's Castle)

HarrytheHare

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new here (browsed for years though).

I'm currently building a replica of Batly from Eureka's Castle and I can't figure out how to achieve his ear movement. He's able to twitch his ears back. I'm also unable how to get such large ears to stand up. Should I use wire? Maybe a more dense foam like EVA?

Also if anyone has any decent photos of Batly I'd be super grateful. Aside from fuzzy episodes on YouTube there's not really much out there.

Any help would be much appreciated! I'd like to get this guy finished immediately but I'm stuck!

gravy

Reaction score
Maybe put a long wire along the top of the ear, cover with blue cloth/felt/fleece and put more pink cloth under it to flop around. The wires should go inside the head, but you should figure out a trigger. Maybe radio control it like Fozzie's ears.

Tioh

Reaction score
Movable ears are often made by having a hinge one side attached to the ear, the other extending into the ear. A Bowden cable (bicycle brake cable) is attached to the movable part - pulling on the cable moves the ear. A rubber band pulls the ear back to the default position.