missing line in theatrical Moving Right Along

superboober

Reaction score
Why do you suppose the main cut of TMM is missing the first line of the final verse of Moving Right Along, the one that goes "Do I see signs of man? 'Welcome' on the same post that says 'Come Back Again.'" Do you think it was something for time, or did they just deliberately shorten the song a little bit for film (although one would then wonder why the rest of the song was kept intact and the instrumental bridges for the fork in the road and Big Bird added)?

Brinatello

Reaction score
Hmm, the only soundtrack I have of TMM is on LP, so there's no way I can go run and listen to it. Looking it up online, that sentence falls closely to the end of the song:

Movin' right along, do I see signs of men?
Yeah, "welcome" on the same post that says "come back again."
Movin' right along, foot-loose and fancy free.
You're ready for the big time, is it ready for me?

Movin' right along
Movin' right along
(repeat to fade)

Also on the LP, "The Rainbow Connection" is the first song with no main theme intro. I like how the main theme dissolves into the song and haven't been able to find an audio clip of the two combined.

dpurves

Reaction score
I definitely remember that line, but I don't remember noticing that it was missing. I'll have to listen to it.

Pianodog

Reaction score
Speaking of "Moving Right Along", isn't that song of the very few times we have actually heard Fozzie really sing? I liked it a lot, and I wish that Frank Oz had done more stuff with Fozzie going at a song full-throttle.

Pianodog.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Pianodog said:
Speaking of "Moving Right Along", isn't that song of the very few times we have actually heard Fozzie really sing? I liked it a lot, and I wish that Frank Oz had done more stuff with Fozzie going at a song full-throttle.

Pianodog.
He also sang, "America the Beautiful" during the patriotic sequence. And I also wondered when Frank Oz sings for Miss Piggy (such as "Never Before, Never Again") if it puts a real strain on his vocal cords.

Pianodog

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
He also sang, "America the Beautiful" during the patriotic sequence. And I also wondered when Frank Oz sings for Miss Piggy (such as "Never Before, Never Again") if it puts a real strain on his vocal cords.
It must have put a strain on his vocal cords. You can almost hear the effort sometimes, but the result is great.

Pianodog.