Miss Piggy's eyes in TMM

Pug Lover

Reaction score
The title of this topic refers to a scene in The Muppet Movie,where Professor Smallfry tries to fry Kermit's brains,and Miss Piggy comes to the frog's rescue by karate chopping Smallfry and his goons.While she was in the process of knocking them all out with her series of"hyyaahs",she suddenly had a bizarre look in her eyes.It scared me when I first saw this scene as a kid.I beleive I know exactly what was done to her eyes.Her eyelids were removed.The same technique was probably used for Bert in one episode of SS,where he was seen asleep on a livingroom chair with his eyes closed.Possibly the only time we ever actually saw Bert's eyes closed.At the end of the episode when Bert woke up,I think his eyelids were somehow removed off camera. :mad: :frown:

Frogster

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. Actually, though, the professor's name was Professor Krassman, done by Mel Brooks.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That scene always spooked me too. Piggy didn't just look angry, she looked "I'm-gonna'kill-everyone-of-you-b*******-and-your-children-too-cause-I'm-crazy-psycho-bacon!" angry. :mad:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, yes. Very effective eyes in that scene. She looked mad as a hatter whose just had his wig/hat/and cap stached off.

I think they angled them more, and made her pupils larger, did they not?

__

Interprited:

Yikes, de, scareyness supreme.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Haven't seen it in a few months so I might be wrong, but I remember them being beadier then bigger.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I havn't seen it in about a year, so I lso could be in the wrong.

__

Interprited:

My bad...