Miss Piggy Glove From Tms

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm looking for a wee bit of help - I've just bought what was described as a genuine screen-used Miss Piggy glove from The Muppet Show, signed by Frank Oz as Miss Piggy.

The item came with a COA and guarantee as well being stamped apparently by the Jim Henson company.Does anyone know of an email address at Henson where I can send images of the item to see if they can verify it's authenticity? I'm roughly 75.678% sure it's real, but I'm not the most optomistic of people and want to have any doubt quashed. I've tried a prop company in London but they unfortunately couldn't help.

Thanks guys

justairbagit

Reaction score
I saw this on ebay and was a little iffy about it even thought it said it had a coa. Its really hard to find out if its real or not and i usually try to avoid ebay when buying props. Hope you got a steal on it. It looked impressive.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does it have a HA, Property of The muppets on it? There have been replicas sold on ebay and I beleive Henson also made Miss Piggy gloves(that werent screen used) solely for the purpose of donating to Charity Auctions, etc.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Pics?

Hey, can we see a pic or two of the glove you are talking about? I would love to see it. Thanks!:smile:

muppetguy

Reaction score
L.o.v.e.

I love the glove, that would be ultimate for me to have one in my collection. Are there any others around? Great find!

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I'm just in awe of the C-3PO statue your holding. gettin' a chubby. What, where, when and how! Much!

Kevin

Luke

Reaction score
Having seen the glove, that IS how some of the authentic Miss Piggy gloves were signed and presented so i'm 100% sure its authentic ... though as Muppetperson said they did make a load of them especially as souvenirs which may or may not have been actually been screen used and from the presentation i think this may come from that batch. Great find!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Fingers crossed it's the real deal. I've contacted two people at Henson and sent through pictures. The item was shipped from Beverly Hills (whether or not that makes a difference I have no idea!). I paid £100, which is peanuts and also received the Kermit Sideshow bust MIB (edition number 81) - I've already got that so it's up for grabs.

I'm just in awe of the C-3PO statue your holding. gettin' a chubby. What, where, when and how! Much!

Kevin
Firstly, and I know I'll get a bashing for this, I HATE STAR WARS and C3P0 was always my least favourite character cos he was always whiny and i personally think R2 shudda shot him and gone it alone (he was really dragging him down!) The statue was given to me as payment for an illustration I did for someone who had no money (they knew I was a movie buff and figured I'd like it). I took the statue to a signing event where C3P0 was at to increase the value (it's already worth around $1000 - $1500 anyway) so I could sell it on and pocket the cash. Turns out I've grown fond of it (who knew) and ironically it's the only piece of film memorabilia my Missus likes.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Having seen the glove, that IS how some of the authentic Miss Piggy gloves were signed and presented so i'm 100% sure its authentic ... though as Muppetperson said they did make a load of them especially as souvenirs which may or may not have been actually been screen used and from the presentation i think this may come from that batch. Great find!
Actually, I disagree on the way it is signed and presented.Although they are written "Kissy Kissy Miss Piggy", The original I have, and the replica I was sent from someone who worked for Henson's,are almost identical, in that the writing is all in one line going across and
the same style of writing.This glove is done in a different writing style(inclusion of commas and different swirls) and spaced over two lines.