Miss Piggy/bully or hero

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I've always found it interesting how in The Muppet Movie and the Great Muppet Caper,Miss Piggy comes out a hero with her famous karate chops.Whereas on The Muppet Show she so often came across as a bully with her chops.
:mad: HIIIYYAH

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
I love her HERO! She may come across as selfish but inside shees got a heart of yellow (not quite gold). She can be a bully but I don't think she means to be. At the end of the day she just wants her frog!!! it's a desparate love thing.

I'd do a compromise for this tricky question though.
Assertive Hero :mad: HHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIII-YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA

Camellia

Reaction score
Yep, Piggy's (old) complex personality was very interesting, and created a mini-soap opera thing between her and kermit. Back then there was more to Piggy's interests and lifestyle than glamour, money, men, and greed. I liked her as a Hero better of course, but she used to be funny as a bit of a bully!

Piggy's sensitive side doesn't show much lately. She seems kinda cranky and sometimes overly-defensive, :mad: maybe it's the writing? Poor Piggy.

All the ham and tadpole type pun jokes get kinda old too lately! Do you guys get tired of the pun jokes on the Muppets' species?

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember in the Loretta Swit episode, Kermit fired Piggy and everyone kind of felt bad for her. In the end, Kermit took her back and everyone sang a song about how they cared about Piggy. Some of the lyrics went like.

"Who cheers us up when we're blue?"

FLOYD: "Who would I complain to for hours?"

GONZO: "Who sent me the flowers when I had the flu?"

That was a nice thing Piggy did for Gonzo. Despite how he got on her nerves in the first episodes.

Also in another episode, she helped Beauregard stick up for himself when those rats were taking advantage of him. It shows that Piggy does care about her friends in her own way.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Well, that song actually came from the musical Company, it was called 'What Would We Do Without You/Side By Side", but I suppose she could have done that for Gonzo at least once, lol.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I'd go for saying she's a bully, especially because of the way she treated Kermit on TMS, AND the way she treats any possible rivals, be they guest stars, or for that matter other muppets (Spamala on MT, and of course sweet young inexperienced Annie Sue on TMS).

Oh and thanks, to Xerus and G-Man for drawing our attention to that Sondheim song.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Ooh...what an interesting topic. And I simply must have my say...

If I am asked (which I have been) I think Miss Piggy is a hero. I wouldn't say she was a bully on TMS. She was just a diva. Miss Piggy always did the right thing (in the end) and only really wanted to look good. I certainly wouldn't say she was a bully, even if she was a bit OTT at times.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'd have to say both. After all, since she karate chopped Kermit or somebody in nearly every TMS episode, that is a bit bullyish. However, it is shown that she is kind and caring, specifically in TMTM when she got the group back together to find Kermit, then there's the Christmas movie where she stated "I love you all like cousins." I guess she plays both sides.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think she's a bully but when it suits her purpose, she can be caring. I wonder what she wants in return for being nice? Possibly a bigger dressing room, to be a huge star (no pun intended), to get with Kermit?....

ryan