Mike Quinn's Secrets Of Puppetry training puppet

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
I signed up for everything you have to offer. If your willing to teach I'm willing to learn. I have loved the art of Puppetry for as long as I can remember, and to possibly be able to learn from someone with as much knowledge and experience as you have anyone would be a fool not to at least see what all you have to offer.
That's cool Dwayne! I wish there was a way to learn the details from the ground up when I was starting. There really was nowhere at that time. At least no where are classes you can go to from time to time but they can be tricky to get to and there's a time limit on learning. This is hopefully a solution to fix that. This will have no limitations on geography or time zones. Also this should be very thorough and I believe nurturing is the best way to learn.
I do hope I can be of service Dwayne :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That's so true! I was reading in Jim Henson the Biography that he had a hard time finding any courses on puppetry here in the states. Even now I think there is still only one good collage that has a puppetry course and they are in Maryland. Which is sad I think because puppetry is such a creative art. It's taking a piece of foam rubber, and bringing it to life. You can't get more creative then that.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
That's so true! I was reading in Jim Henson the Biography that he had a hard time finding any courses on puppetry here in the states. Even now I think there is still only one good collage that has a puppetry course and they are in Maryland. Which is sad I think because puppetry is such a creative art. It's taking a piece of foam rubber, and bringing it to life. You can't get more creative then that.
Glad you understood my typos above :big_grin:
It is a pity it's so hard to get quality training. What we do is quite magical and there's so much that hasn't been done yet!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Have you thought about doing an article, or interview for the Muppet Mindset about Secrets of Puppetry? If you would like to get the word out a little more I would be more then happy to help get that going for you.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Have you thought about doing an article, or interview for the Muppet Mindset about Secrets of Puppetry? If you would like to get the word out a little more I would be more then happy to help get that going for you.
Excellent thoughts. I just did an interview with Muppet Mindset that should be published shortly. I think I did mention the puppetry thing briefly. However it's early days for that so I didn't want to oversell that prematurely. Be good for later though too. So when we get nearer to launch, I'll be delighted for all the help I can get. Thank you so much!