MCC: Martina McBride Covers Soundtrack Song

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001570667

November 23, 2005, 3:40 PM ET

Martina McBride's version of "When Love Is Gone" is a new addition to "The Muppet Christmas Carol" soundtrack, reissued yesterday (Nov. 22) in conjunction with an anniversary DVD edition of the classic holiday film. The balance of the Walt Disney Records set mirrors the original version, with Paul Williams' songs and score as sung by such beloved characters as Kermit the Frog (as Bob Crachit), Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem and Statler and Waldorf (as the late Marley Brothers).

Still featured on the disc is Meredith Braun's original "When Love Is Gone," as well as star Michal Caine (Ebenezer Scrooge) singing the joyous "Thankful Heart" upon his Christmas morning epiphany.

Dubbed "Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition," in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Jim Henson Company, the new DVD due Tuesday (Nov. 29) includes remastered version of the film in full-frame and widescreen format. Also reissued on DVD Tuesday are "The Muppet Movie," "The Great Muppet Caper" and "Muppet Treasure Island."

-- Barry A. Jeckell, NY
No Muppet Photos Accompany Article

anathema

Reaction score
Um...that was track #18 on the original release...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Also, The EM don't have any songs on the soundtrack. That article is pretty wrong. :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Didn't the EM Band play "Good King Wenscasdreles" at the Fozziwig party?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Technically yes. But it almost doesn't count, to me anyway, because they don't sing or anything. It's kind of MCC's equivalent to "Nap Time" from MWoO. Animals shouts, that's about it. Am I right? I don't remember off the top of my head.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yeah MrsP. you're right, except that Dr. Teeth says "Nap time" too.

But, has anyone been able to find this CD yet? I've looked everywhere! Litterally! Best Buy, Target, Barnes & Noble, Sam Goody, The Disney Store, I can't find it anywhere! Has anyone else had the same problem?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find it, prawnie. Though that probably doesn't matter because it seems that the laws of pricing and merchandise are thrown out when it comes to canadian stores. :/ We don't have the same places, or same things, as you guys, alot of the time.

Oh prawnie, I meant that in MCC Animal shouts a little and bangs some drums. It was the equivalent to Nap Time because in that song, 'Nap Time' is all that is said! One has twowords, the other has none. :/

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I haven't seen this cd or the dvds anywhere.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Yeah MrsP. you're right, except that Dr. Teeth says "Nap time" too.

But, has anyone been able to find this CD yet? I've looked everywhere! Litterally! Best Buy, Target, Barnes & Noble, Sam Goody, The Disney Store, I can't find it anywhere! Has anyone else had the same problem?
Like i sayed in another thread it really did take me Allllllllllllllllll day to find it! I checked all them stores you named off, Disney Store is where I found mine! and last night when I was on my lunch I went into walmart and I seen they had like 4 copys left of the MCC cd for like $9 somthin. :zany: