Marvin Suggs....whats up with him?

golden teeth

Reaction score
I have many questions about him. First off, I'll admit he was one of my least favorite Muppets. But...what was his point on the show? What episodes was he in (I remember he hit Kermit in the Brooke Shields episode). Was e in any of the movies (other than the Muppet movie because I remember him in it)?

KCJ506

Reaction score
Episodes that included Marvin Suggs

5. Rita Moreno
32. Steve Martin
52. Gilda Radner
59. Raquel Welch
63. Lesley Ann Warren
102. Brooke Shields

I think the Muppet Movie is the only movie he's been in.

Dantecat

Reaction score
No.He was also in The Muppets Take Manhattan where he was at the church.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
Marvin was probably inspired by a sketch on "Monty Python's Flying Circus" where (I believe) Terry Jones starts pounding on some mice to get them to squeak in different keys. This is very brief, as Jones's character is almost immediately boo'd and chased offstage by an angry mob.

In any case, Marvin and one of the Muppaphones can be seen singing at the end of "Muppet Family Christmas". The best shot of them is during "Good King Wenceslas" because you can clearly see the Muppaphone's black sleeve under his/her head! There are similar shots later on, but this is the best one. At the end of the sing-a-long, Marvin and the Muppaphone turn to each other and nod, which I also find amusing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Marvin Suggs also appeared in Muppets From Space at cape doom.

He also made a brief appearance in the Liza Minnelli episode, and he was in the closing number of the Linda Lavin episode.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
An Idea for a Marvin Suggs cameo

Imagine this: Marvin Suggs and his Muppahone at a ballgame playing "The Star Spangled Banner"
I think it would actually outrank Roseanne Barr's rendition.

Saironi

Reaction score
I think the name of this post is as to why does he hit everyone around him. My guess he's just a hendosist who, rather than expeirience physical pleasure himself, gets pleasure out of hitting others with a mallet and hearing their cries of "Ow", no matter who it is (except for the guest start, of course). What I'm saying is, he just likes to inflict pain on others, mainly the Muppephones.

Poor little guys.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Saironi said:
I think the name of this post is as to why does he hit everyone around him. My guess he's just a hendosist who, rather than expeirience physical pleasure himself, gets pleasure out of hitting others with a mallet and hearing their cries of "Ow", no matter who it is (except for the guest start, of course). What I'm saying is, he just likes to inflict pain on others, mainly the Muppephones.

Poor little guys.
Uh wouldn't that be a sadist.

muppetmonster

Reaction score
I have always thought that Marvin Suggs was a kind of character who needed much more roles on "The Muppet Show" then he was and is given. I do not think his place is as a whatnot muppet, but maybe as a regular muppet. I have also always thought that he was a character to be a close friend of Lew Zealand's, but I don't know.

Muppetmonster

anytimepally

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Marvin Suggs also appeared in Muppets From Space at cape doom.

He also made a brief appearance in the Liza Minnelli episode, and he was in the closing number of the Linda Lavin episode.

I remember the first time I noticed him at cape doom.. it was very exciting moment! :smile: