Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones?

xclc

Reaction score
Hi all,
Here's a softball for you: does anyone know the name of the skit where a few muppets (just the heads) are on a table and the 'bandleader' is behind them with a mallet. He plays a tune by hitting a muppet on the head where it yowls in key. Remember this one? Anyone know what this one is called?
Thanks

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
Yep! It is "Lady Of Spain" with Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphones. It's from season 1 of TMS, episode 105 with guest star Rita Moreno. You can probably get more info on it from Muppet Wiki too :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Indeed you are thinking of Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphone. Lady of Spain was his debut but he also appeared sporadically as an occasional recurring character often with his Muppaphones and occasionally pursueing some other tasteless act like conducting singing food.

He's long been one of my all-time favorites and at the tippy top of my most-missed list.

muppzd

Reaction score
Marvin Suggs has hit other people with his mallet too like Kermit the frog in the alice and wonderland episode of the Muppet Show:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Marvin Suggs has hit other people with his mallet too like Kermit the frog in the alice and wonderland episode of the Muppet Show:smile:
That scene is one of my all time favorites!

"Excuse me, Green Person. Have you been sworn in?"
"Uh, 'at', yes. 'In', no."
"Okee-dokee! Put your 'and on zee book and repeat after me!...'ow'"
"OWWWWWW!"
"Very nice!"

I cracked up hysterically at the very end of Mullholland Drive because the last line remined me of this scene!

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's long been one of my all-time favorites and at the tippy top of my most-missed list.
I still say that if they can steal away Paul Rugg for a couple of days, he could pull it off BEAUTIFULLY... I always thought Marvin Suggs sounded an awful lot like the Manny the Uncanny/Zoltana Zoltana/Nostradamus wacky loud indistinguishable foreign accent he played.