Louis or Lewis?

Xerus

Reaction score
About the Muppet sports caster, Mr. Kazagger. Is his name Louis or Lewis? Can someone tell me the correct spelling of his name, please? I'd really like to know.

Sincerely,
Xerus

minor muppetz

Reaction score
louis

In Louis kazagers profile at the featured creature section of the old henson.com, it was spelled louis, so that's how I beleive it was spelled, although Heson isn't always immune from factual errors, or spelling errors (most official sources that talk about the muppets from saturday Night Live refer to the setting as Gorch, and one character as the mighty favog, but toughpigs.com has a page with an e-mail from karen falk who said that in the scripts and design sketches the spelling was gortch and fuvog).

perhaps somebody whould watch The Great Muppet Caper with closed captioning to see how it is spelled.

That Announcer

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
perhaps somebody whould watch The Great Muppet Caper with closed captioning to see how it is spelled.
That may not be the best way to go either. In TMM, there were numerous subtitle errors. Danny Horn famously exposed a few over on Tough Pigs. A couple of memorable ones were Lew Zealand being re-named "Luke" and Gonzo singing "We can hold on to young/like invisible string".

When typing the character's name, I always used "Lewis". Then again, I personally can never remember how to correctly spell his LAST name, so the first name could well be wrong too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There are also other closed caption alternatives besides The great Muppet caper. The two "It's The Muppets" videos released in 1993 have closed captioning, and Louis kazagger appeared in one of them (More Muppets, Please!). I have also read that the columbia versions of The Best Of The Muppet Show videos (but not the dvds) have closed captioning, so if somebody has the video release of the volume with the harry belefonte episode released by Columbia, they could check closed captioning there. I think the compilation videos have closed captioning (The last time i saw any of them was before I got a TV with cosed captioning), and if it does a Muppet Sports sketch appeared in Muppet Moments (wig racing, which was also in More Muppets, Please!), and I am sure that some others have sketches (in the promo shown at the end of all the videos, there is a clip from the Muppet Sports sketch from the Roy Rogers & dale Evans episode (i don't know which video has it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in Country Music With The Muppets, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was in Muppet treasures, although I am surprised that The Muppet review and Gonzo presents Muppet Weird Stuff don't have any).

That Announcer

Reaction score
Update: According to both Kermitage and the Henson Database, it's Lewis, so that's probably the correct name.