Loretta Lynn episode

Xerus

Reaction score
Another unusual, but favorite MS episode of mine that had Loretta Lynn as the guest star.

In this episode, their theater was being fumigated so they had to do the show somewhere else. And Gonzo arranged for the show to be at a train station. The show had a totally different opening with the band not playing so hot, mainly because a train conductor was conducting them. And it had the usual girls singing, then the boys. And the cast gathered around singing their usual, "Most sensation, inspirational..." Fozzie says, "This week's sort of railroad stational!" And it ended with Gonzo coming in and his horn was making the sound of a train.

They also had a lot of problems doing the show around a train station. Like loud trains drowing out Fozzie's joke, rushing travelers interrupting Miss. Piggy's song, The Newsman doing the news at the newsstand getting interrupted by customers. And Kermit and Gonzo watching the show from a train that was suddenly leaving the station and it had them trying to make it back on a pumping railcar.

It was interesting seeing the Muppets do a show in a different enviromnet. Which is why this was one of my favorite episodes. :smile:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I liked that episode too.Statler and Woldorf sat on a haystack.But we never actually saw where the rest of the audience was seated.The temporary change of scenery is probably what made this episode a classic.

Xerus

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
I liked that episode too.Statler and Woldorf sat on a haystack.But we never actually saw where the rest of the audience was seated.The temporary change of scenery is probably what made this episode a classic.
Actually, Waldorf and Statler were sitting on crates. And they never got in their last heckle of the show, for another loud train passed by.

And it's a good question where the audience was. Maybe they were standing or sitting around the station and probably some tourists were hanging around watching the show while waiting for their trains.

KCJ506

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of this episode. I've never seen this episode, but I would love to see screenshots.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I'd like to see that too. It sounds like a good one.