Looking for clip - Muppets not knowing they are puppets

Plug

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm giving a short presentation in a week, and one of the things I am talking about is some software called Puppet. I want to show a short Muppet video, and can't quite remember where I have seen exactly what I am looking for.

The theme I want is muppets acknowledging their puppeteers, or more accurately, acknowledging that they know that puppets are exist, but they deny that they are puppets.

Things that come to mind:
  • the "behind the muppets" episode of The Jim Henson Hour
  • the beginning of "Here Come The Puppets" with Kermit and Fozzie ("your one has a beard")
  • "The Muppets on Puppets"
  • a Rowlf bit about a meeting of puppet dogs?

None of these are exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't remember where I've seen it!

Anyone help?

Plug

Reaction score
Thanks, I know about those ones. I am hoping someone could help with the ones I don't know about :smile:

matleo

Reaction score
here's a good one. Beau does a puppet show for Kermit (and Piggy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHtVYucyjSE

--Matt

p.s. there's also a clip from the same episode (Senor Wences) where Fozzie plans a marionette act. He asks Gonzo for help and Gonzo refuses claiming no one would want to watch a bunch of dolls wiggle. KERMIT: "I didn't have the heart to tell him."

I'll see if I can find that one.

Dearth

Reaction score
Wow... Are you reading my mind or what? I had nearly the same idea after finally finding the Wences DVD; I want to take all the clips where they acknowledge or wrily refer to their puppetness, and string them into one documentary or something.

Fozzie's "Don't look at them, it's too weird" (from the Henson memorial) is one of my favorites, along with Kermit's "I didn't have the heart" (Wences). Or even oblique references, such as Kermit drinking from a straw and then breaking the fourth wall to say, "Think about this..."

And isn't there a show, other than the Wences ep., where they have a guest puppeteer? And Kermit admits that they have an affinity for puppetry? Like those shadow-puppets someone did that time.

I also thought that it could be fun to intercut the old docu Muppets on Puppets, specifically where they explain Punch & Judy, with Beauregard's P&J show from Wences.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
And isn't there a show, other than the Wences ep., where they have a guest puppeteer? And Kermit admits that they have an affinity for puppetry? Like those shadow-puppets someone did that time.
Found it... episode 122 with Ethel Merman. Kermit goes to introduce Australian shadow puppeteer Richard Bradshaw, and says:

"Ah, we on the Muppet Show are very interested in puppets... for some strange reason."

Alex