Lip's outfit

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think I just figured out who Lips is supposed to dress like. It's Earth Wind and Fire. If you go to youtube.com type in earth wind and fire, and watch one of their music videos, you'll see the horn section dressed similar to what Lips dressed like in The Muppet Show. That or just use goggle and find a picture of what the band looked like back in the 70's.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I never made that connection, but you're SO right! I never thought about the whole 'horn' thing. I don't know why this excites me so much!

....wow....now I feel all philosophical for no reason! *youtubes videos like crazy*

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Hey, the thing I like most about youtube is I can watch videos from old bands and singers who actually made music, which is the exact opposite of what singers and bands do today, if you can call them singers and bands.....

Yep, I've seen Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Earth Wind and Fire, Boston, Phil Collins, Blondie, The Four Tops, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, The Rascals, Three Dog Night, The B52's, Elton John, and many more musci videos thanks to youtube.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
You just named about all of my favorite music...throw in Huey Lewis and the News and I'm all there!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
The shirt he is wearing is called a Dashiki,

i belive its a African style shirt made popular during the Sixties and Seventies,

Super Scooter

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Yep, I've seen Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Earth Wind and Fire, Boston, Phil Collins, Blondie, The Four Tops, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, The Rascals, Three Dog Night, The B52's, Elton John, and many more musci videos thanks to youtube.
Yay! I actually know everyone on that list! ... then again, the only reason I know of Gary Lewis and the Playboys is from being a Jerry Lewis fan. :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Gary Lewis and Playboys' big hit in the '60s was "This Diamond Ring." I always thought it was catchy. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
heralde said:
Gary Lewis and Playboys' big hit in the '60s was "This Diamond Ring." I always thought it was catchy. :smile:
Well, I've heard some of their music since then, that's just the only way I found out about them.

They made a great cameo in "The Family Jewels" :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Gary Lewis and the Playboys did a song the Beatles did called "Run For Your Life". It's even on youtube.

A few other songs they did that were popular were "Just My Style", "Count Me In", and "Everybody Loves A Clown".

Funny, this topic was supposed to be about Lips and his outfit. Now it's turned out to be a discussion about Gary Lewis and The Playboys!