Life-changing question!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
... why are all the Miss Piggy dolls so ugly?!

I swear, there's isn't a decent one out there. Poor Miss Piggy, to be so abused and mistreated, day after day. It must be hard, having every likeness of you be just so unattractive...

And I don't know about you, but having fake hair on a rag-doll is really weird. Cloth dolls should not have that fake hair (like Barbie has). It's just WEIRD. Why is Miss Piggy so abused? I have never seen a picture of a decent-looking Piggy doll.

Whatever

Reaction score
She's just a difficult likeness, I think.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, one reason is probably because the Jim henson Company was really picky about how Miss Piggy should look in merchandise. I do not know if Disney is as picky or not. i guess we'll just have to wait untill there starst to be a lot of new Miss Piggy dolls (approved by Disney and not henson) before we can figure out if Disney feels differently than Henson did about how Miss Piggy dolls look.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I guess she is a difficult likeness. I must admit the only cute doll I've seen of her was a Baby Piggy from Muppet Babies.

But minormuppetz, even the Sababa Miss Piggy that was just put out a few years ago was just really awkward looking..

Whatever

Reaction score
I think JHC being picky would lead to a better likeness, not a worse one...

Telly

Reaction score
Back when I was a kid I had a Kermit with velcro on his hands and feet and a Gonzo with a white wife-beater, shiney silver shorts, and a red cape. I also remember having a Miss Piggy puppet. She had a plastic or vinyl head, brown-ish Barbie doll type hair, the purple dress she wore on the Muppet Show and even purple gloves, though the gloves were more or less mittens since she didn't have fingers, but only a thumb. I thought it looked just like her. :mad:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
But minormuppetz, even the Sababa Miss Piggy that was just put out a few years ago was just really awkward looking..
Most of the Sabbaba muppet plush toys didn't really look too great. The Fraggle Rock plush toys from sabbaba look really good, so I don't know why the muppets can't look as great. It's a wonder that Palisades Toys can give Animal a hair sculpt that looks more accurate than the hair that Sabbaba gave the Animal plush. The Swedish Chefs hair (on the Sabbaba plush) doesn't look too good either.

The only Sabbaba releases I have are the kermit and beaker plush bookmarks. These look decent, but the other book marks (Animal and Chef) don't look as good.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Maybe it was just my eyes but back in 96' when mti came out i remember there being a nice looking piggy doll that had the movie's theme to her.I always said i go back and get her after i bought kermit unfortunantly it never happend.It was obvious made by disney because both her and kermit look like a good amount of money invested in them.But other than that all her dolls have been pretty yucky especially the ones you see in the walmart vending machines.:embarrassed: .