Let's dream about Sesame Street figures again

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Ok, we can accept the fact that Sesame figures won't make their way to the Palisades line, but hey, there's nothing wrong with fantasising. After all, if all we're doing is dreaming, our ideas don't have to be compromised by pesky little inconveniences as sculpting, cost, marketability and all that krap. So a few ideas that have crossed my mind...

A deluxe Big Bird set, containing an original village idiot version of da bird, the standard BB we all know and love today, a blue-painted BB from Follow That Bird and a few of the foreign Big Bird equivalents.

Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School playset, with Roosevelt and friends

A playset that answers the eternal question "what's behind the green door?" Y'know, those green doors in the arbor area of the street that, before the area became Gina's surgery, were seldom opened... perhaps it could be a Sesame Street storage area, where one could spend a whole day looking through the "junk" and having a wonderfully nostalgic time. Amongst the things that could be stored in there are Don Music's piano, Oscar's ice cream stand, photos of old SS friends, a stack of old invitations to Maria and Luis' wedding, the pictures that Big Bird presented to his "grown-up friends" when he then learnt that Mr Hooper had died, the old soda fountains/store dressings from the original Hooper's store, menus from Charlie's Restaurant... and so the list continues (anyone care to add?)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the world NEEDS figures of the Dodos from Follow That Bird... not to mention a Miss Finch :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, Cherry Pizza. Mmm. That sounds good, but have you ever tried my absolute fave, pineapple pizza?
Anyway, it's not that Palisades won't ever make Sesame figures. It's just that they don't have the license to do so as of right now. Give it some time, like for example, another year for their Muppet line to really take off and then we might see some new additions. After 2003, we can truly gage the success of thier Muppet line both by its marketability and profits and by the greater figure selection. Maybe then, Sesame Workshop might be induced to work out a deal with Palisades. In the mean time, we can dream, can't we?

Have a g4reat day. The Count.

beaker

Reaction score
I think Fraggle Rock or Dark Crystal(I know, non Muppet but JHC related nonetheless) are looking more likely. However, I remember someone under collectibles posted 5" Sesame bendies next to Palisades TMS line and they really went well together, especially in scale.

Unfortunately, Sesame Workshop and Fisher Price has made sure there isnt a Sesame collectors market for anyone above the age of 3 years old.

That pleasure goes to Japan, who has a massively whopping and cool Sesame collectors market!

Now why wont someone post on MC about obtaining these cool Japanese Sesame items?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree totally with beaker! ALl the Sesame stuff is baby toys and features soley Elmo. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I JUST WANT SOMe variety (and a keyboard that doesn't have such a sticky Caps lock button). I can't even find PVC's anymore. I have two of the little die cast cars that were released recently Telly (the only thing I could find with Telly on it) and the Count (who's missing his monacle and his goatee).

Seriously! I'd kill for the talking Bert and Ernie Motorcycle toy!

However, if these toys were to be made, I'd like to see 4 piece sets of musical characters (no, they don't play music. They're of figures of various Sesame Bands), such as:

Little Jerry with 3 Monotones, Musical instruments and stage

Little Chrissy with 3 Alphabeats, piano, different stage

Hoots the Owl with 3 members of the Birdland Jazz combo, instruments (sax) and Birdland stage

Beetles (though Apple records would never allow it!

The Big Don

Reaction score
The possibilities would be endless and really cool too. I would love to for someone to make figures of SS. I am looking for pics of the japan stuff too.

BTW, check out [link]http://pub27.ezboard.com/bscswrestlingtalk[/link]. Post there abotu wrestling stuff.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Big Don
BTW, check out [link]http://pub27.ezboard.com/bscswrestlingtalk[/link]. Post there abotu wrestling stuff.
Why?