Last week's Farscape

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Aaaaugh! Someone help me out. My stupid VCR inexplicably didn't record last week's Farscape. Can someone please quickly update me so I'll be ready for tomorrow's season finale?

Thanks,
CD

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Well, thanks for trying to help. I didn't get home in enough time to read the synopsis all the way through. I was trying to read it during the commercial breaks, but I was only confused for most of the show!

The oddest part is that I thought the old woman was introduced in last week's episode, and I was thinking to myself, see what happens when you miss one week? But from reading the synopses at that website, it seems that really was her first appearance.

Anyway, very enjoyable episode. Corker of a cliffhanger, huh?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Very interesting cliffhanger...instead of the usual action-oriented, everyone's-lives-in-peril approach, they took the "Twin Peaks" approach where we have to wait to find out just what was real and what wasn't and what actually happened....a lot of stylistic touches and clues seem to hint that everything that happened in the tag after the coin toss may not have been real.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I read the reviews from FarscapeWorld.com so I know what you mean...but I have a feeling the writers of those reviews may have read too much into the stylistic choices made for the episode. The only reason Aeryn "faded," I think, was just because John had been sitting out in space for a while just thinking about all that had just happened. Hence the lines about the remaining crew of Moya asking John if he's all right (meaning they hadn't heard from him in a while) and his comment about being almost out of fuel (which he certainly would be if he had been sitting out there that long). As for juxtaposing the scenes of the "wedding" with what each character said as they left John... again, stylistic choice, albeit a somewhat confusing one. I think what they said was real, and the wedding was not.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Amazingly enough, it wouldn't be the first time. :wink: