LA Times Interview With Kermit!

Beauregard

Reaction score
You can read the full interview here, but here are some highlights:

SPOILERS

Kermit admits that the movie is a movie, but he has to act as if it really happened.
He will reprise Rainbow Connection at some stage
They will be back stage at the theatre at some stage
This interview contains a Piggy-is-large joke

Anyway, this has made me even more (if it were possible) excited about this movie!

Kestral

Reaction score
Yay!

Sweet! A new movie! I'm looking forward to it!

Puckrox

Reaction score
Oh my God, I'm so excited for Chris Cooper to play the bad guy. He's such a good villian! And, aaaah, I just can't wait for this film!

beaker

Reaction score
You can read the full interview here, but here are some highlights:

SPOILERS

Kermit admits that the movie is a movie, but he has to act as if it really happened.
He will reprise Rainbow Connection at some stage
They will be back stage at the theatre at some stage
This interview contains a Piggy-is-large joke

Anyway, this has made me even more (if it were possible) excited about this movie!
Ha, more proof that there is NO Muppet canon, and that all Muppets(TMS, Sesame, Fraggle, etc) are simply actors.

Good interview though. I can just picture Kermit in a more serious scene, and have always wondered what the Muppets would be like in a drama. Also the Piggy-weight comment...I have noticed Piggy has put a few extra pounds on in the last few years:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
The movie sounds fun and I will certainly be seeing it as soon as it comes out. I just wish they weren't doing the whole "save the theater" thing again. It will certainly be a different story than VMX but the goal is too similar. Even the villian's name is similar using a variation on the same name gag (Bitterman, Richman). Perhaps if instead of the muppet theater it was Muppet Studios I might think differently. Either way it sounds like a great movie and it seems the production value is going to be very high. Maybe even on par with GMC.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Could have done without the Piggy weight joke. I know they used to do them even in the '70s and '80s but Piggy was also there to get back at them. Now you just wonder why Kermit is even with Piggy. Also weight jokes aren't as humorous now period with so many young girls starving themselves in real life.

But Segel's comments about the Walter character were very sweet, I could identify with them. :smile:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
getting really excited for the movie first there was thog now rainbow connection and the backstage hooray:smile::excited: