Kevin in other puppet shows?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I got bored today, it's a lazy, muggy, slightly rainy Sunday where I am. So I decided to watch some other puppet shows. First one I watched was the Halloween Special of Eureka's Castle, where a monster, named Fluffy, is introduced. He sounds very...VERY much like Kevin Clash, and I was wondering, did Kevin do some other shows besides Sesame Street when he was starting out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ZkMLw1ktoX0
The monster talks at 6:23, and it sounds an awful lot like Kevin. I know Brian Muehl did this show, but didn't know other Muppeteers did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He sure did, matter of fact, he was a part of Captain Kangaroo for a while, both as a puppeteer, and as an on-screen actor (playing "Kevin the College Student").

Another great example is The Great Space Coaster, in which he played the obnoxious Goriddle Gorilla, who sounds identical to Hoots the Owl; matter of fact, TGSC has a lot of Henson people working on it, it was created by Kermit Love, John Lovelady and Jim Kroupa built the puppets, and Kevin, John, Noel MacNeal, Jim Martin, and Pam Arciero are among the puppeteers on it.

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Oh wow I loved Eureeka's Castle! They need to release it on dvd. TT

Also I don't know how old the show is so I don't know if it's considered from when he was 'starting out' but he did play a character on a bare-handed puppet show called Oobi. He played Randy the Babysitter... I only noticed when it came on the TV one night after I had been watching the Dinosaur DVDs... I rolled over to watch the credits and sure enough, Kevin Clash.

Now if I can only figure out where else I've heard Batly's voice.

bluebomber95

Reaction score
It says in the credits Fluffy was played by Joey Mazzarino, so it's still a Sesame performer, but not Kevin.