Kermit's Swamp Years

Yorick

Reaction score
The references in the film (that I won't spoil here for those who haven't seen it) are very nice, and Kermit's friends in the film are really cool! Very good story too, so I highly recommend this movie!:smile:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I have the movie and I tell you it's very heartwarming.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ya know a lot of people have said alot of negitive things about Swamp years, but i for one love this movie.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really liked this moive..in fact it is one of my very favorites of all the movies made lately :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Out of everyone on this site, I still haven't seen it yet. Now I can't even find the DVD. I almost got it about 5 times, and now it's totally gonesville....

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Out of everyone on this site, I still haven't seen it yet. Now I can't even find the DVD. I almost got it about 5 times, and now it's totally gonesville....
My feeling is that KSY was mainly big budgeted kid-vid fare with stale dialogue and overacting by the human stars, yet with some warm Muppety moments and musical numbers thrown in. The armadillo extra feature is better than the film itself. I was sorely disappointed.

Could it be that the older pressings have been yanked in favor of repackaging by Hit? :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
There are bits of Kermit's Swamp Years that have always had a special place in the squishy, mushy, swampy places of my heart. (Such as laughing at everything that Mary says, because it is *funny!* If totally predictable.) However, it's more the concept of KSY that I love, and the idea, and the "universe" if you like. We can now all imagine Kermit as a kid, in the swamp. And build up in our own minds and imagination everything that has happened to him since that day and now.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I actually wish more movies did the overacting with the humans, to me that is one of the parts of the classic muppets, and when you take that away it just feels like a normal movie with the muppets thrown in IMHO...So I really like KSY and I think for a movie about 12 year old boys (um, toads and frogs) it is very realistic *suddenly pictures a Kermit verison of 'Stand By Me'*

ngreen522

Reaction score
I like the movie, but I didn't feel that way until I watched it about 4 times. Come to think of it, It took 4 viewings for me to get through it once. I love everything Muppets do, but I think I love this one more for the puppetry than the storyline. And I agree, there wre some great references!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I can never understand not watching a movie all the way through, even movies I hate I watch from start to finish just to make sure their is nothing good in them :\. But after five years of no tv maybe I just like something over nothing *lol* :smile: