Kermit's Collar.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Perhaps there's no real reason for it but what was behind the idea for that funny ring like collar he's worn for all these years?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
An interesting thing about that is,none of the other frog muppets have a collar like that.Every other muppet frog,including Robin,has a bare neck.

Another Kermit doesn't have in common with his fellow muppet frogs is his eyes.All of the other frogs have round pupils.Kermit's pupils have thier own unique design.

The funny thing is,during TMS episode that guest starred Crystal Gayle,when Scooter's prairie dogs snatched Kermit's collar right off his neck,he temporarily had a bare neck just like his fellow frogs.Only it made him feel naked.

:smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kermit's eyes are the main thing that connect him to his amphibious family. Real frogs actually have the same kind of eyes as Kermit, but I've always wondered the collar thing too. I've done tons of research and found no collared species of frogs anywhere. I guess Jim just thought it'd be a nice look for him and went with it.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Real frogs actually have the same kind of eyes as Kermit, but I've wondered the collar thing too.
Sheesh. I know that from first hand experience. I had to dissect a frog in my 11th grade biology class. It was going okay, until the teacher told us to open up the eyes of them, to get a good look at the...something or other. (I forgot now) I saw the pupils, and I almost freaked!

It really hit me just then it was almost like doing this to Kermit. Cause the frog I had (and almost all of the others) had eyes that looked just like his as well. I think two of them had to stop after getting into it. And one other stopped when they saw the frog's eyes. X_X That was just so freaky.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Where is his caller when he does the news flash? In his trench coat or something?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Sheesh. I know that from first hand experience. I had to dissect a frog in my 11th grade biology class. It was going okay, until the teacher told us to open up the eyes of them, to get a good look at the...something or other. (I forgot now) I saw the pupils, and I almost freaked!

It really hit me just then it was almost like doing this to Kermit. Cause the frog I had (and almost all of the others) had eyes that looked just like his as well. I think two of them had to stop after getting into it. And one other stopped when they saw the frog's eyes. X_X That was just so freaky.
wHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
wHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD?
Chill. Okay? Vic talked about the collar and the eyes. I connected with the eyes, and I shared a small personal story about that. Something most people at one time or another in high school has delt with.

If you don't like the post, ignore it. Don't freak out over it, okay??

Tim

Reaction score
There actually is a kind of frog that has a collar similar to Kermit's. I don't know what species, but it was something fairly uncommon like a "Yellow Slabovian Tree Frog" or something. I saw a photo of iot many years ago in a naturie magazine and was amaized. I can only assume that's where Jim got the idea (although originally, Kermit's collar was a doubled two-layers).
Anyway, it must be for casual wear only since he didn't wear it on his dinner date with Piggy in Mupper Movie either!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Of course there was that MS episode where some group of animals ripped it off him and he was so embarassed he hid.