Kermit TV Cookie Jar

KathyC

Reaction score
Hi! I'm trying to find out how much my cookie jar is worth. I got it as a present in 1979. It's white, shaped like a TV, with Kermit on the front. :smile:

Unfortunately about 10 years ago, it broke into 2 pieces while I was washing it. (I've always used it for cookies.) I glued it together again. It cracked along the sides and bottom, so from the front you can't tell it's broken.

I've searched the web, but can't find out too much about it.

Thanks, KathyC

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, usually one in near-mint to mint condition on eBay goes for a minimum of $125-$200. Some high-end Sigma collectible guides have it rated at a "value" of $600 in perfect shape.

KathyC

Reaction score
Thanks

Phillip Chapman said:
Well, usually one in near-mint to mint condition on eBay goes for a minimum of $125-$200. Some high-end Sigma collectible guides have it rated at a "value" of $600 in perfect shape.

Hi Phillip.....I just finally found the jar here on muppetcentral under Sigma collectibles. I almost cried when my jar broke, and I really feel like crying now that I hear what it could be worth! Alas, it is hardly mint. Do you think it retains any value? Or because it has cracked and been glued, is it just junk to a collector?

Thanks for your opinion.
Kathy

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At this point, if you are wanting to sell it what you might get for it is totally dependent upon what an individual is willing to pay. Obviously they'd want to see photos of the jar from all angles so that there weren't any surprises, but maybe someone would pay $50-75 for it. Beauty is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.

KathyC

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
At this point, if you are wanting to sell it what you might get for it is totally dependent upon what an individual is willing to pay. Obviously they'd want to see photos of the jar from all angles so that there weren't any surprises, but maybe someone would pay $50-75 for it. Beauty is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.
Thanks much......I'll think about it.......However, first I'd have to talk my 10-year-old daughter into it!! She was never a big muppets fan, but now all of a sudden seems somewhat attached ?!?

I appreciate your responses...Thanks again.
Kathy