Kermit Puppet by Jr. Toys

josemonkey

Reaction score
All:

I've been looking for a nice Kermit puppet. I've been shopping around about different brands, and here's what I've heard:

Applause: It's ok, but the color is off. (Flourescent green-ish)

Sababa: Looks ok from what I've seen, but the head looks over-stuffed.

Eden: Never seen one, but I'm told these are the best-looking Kermit puppets out there.

Fisher-Price (from late 70's): Not so hot.

I had been holding out for an Eden Kermit, but I recently cam across someone selling a Kermit made by Jr. Toys, a German company. Does anyone know about these? Do they look good?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JoseMonkey

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be pretty happy with the Junior Toys/Igel/Catric Kermit puppet. The Eden one is a little better but will come at a much higher price tag due to it's age. Hard to believe that Eden Kermit is now ten years old. Time goes by too fast.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I bought my Eden Kermit in '94?? Wow. I'm gettin' old.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Eden Toys is definitely the best of the best--not only on the colors, either. If you're looking to actually USE it as a puppet, the mouth is more flexible than any of the others.

I just came across a pic of myself with my Eden Kermit from December 1994...I was dragging him around EVERYWHERE!

Wow I'm old.

:smile:

Censored

Reaction score
josemonkey said:
All:

I've been looking for a nice Kermit puppet. I've been shopping around about different brands, and here's what I've heard:

Applause: It's ok, but the color is off. (Flourescent green-ish)

Sababa: Looks ok from what I've seen, but the head looks over-stuffed.

Eden: Never seen one, but I'm told these are the best-looking Kermit puppets out there.

Fisher-Price (from late 70's): Not so hot.

I had been holding out for an Eden Kermit, but I recently cam across someone selling a Kermit made by Jr. Toys, a German company. Does anyone know about these? Do they look good?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JoseMonkey

I have to disagree about the Fisher Price Kermit the Frog. I think it's very well made and I bought one last year at the Fisher Price Toyfest. He has Velcro on his hands for a lot of poses. I also liked a Kermit stuffed toy by Fisher Price that had Velcro on his hands and feet.

I haven't seen the other Kermits, so I can't compare, but I know that Applause seems to have their own unique style for Sesame Street Muppets. I have an Applause Bert and Oscar.

Of course, in my opinion, the very best Sesame Street Muppets for consumers, were the ones made in the early 70's that came in boxes. But, I don't know if they ever made a Kermit puppet in that style. :smile: