Kaye Ballard vs. Dudley Moore

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Which episode of The Muppet Show do you like better: the kaye Ballard episode, or the Dudley Moore episode? Both episodes involve The Electric mayhem, though I guess the Kaye Ballard episode is more like a combination of The Electric Mayhem and the orchestra, since the group of musicians who threaten to quit because of the theme song includes Dr. Teeth, who was part of the electric mayhem but not the orchestra, and Trumpet Girl, who was part of the orchestra but not the electric mayhem. This group also does not include Janice, who was part of the electric mayhem but wasn't part of the orchestra untill the last season, or Rowlf, who was part of the orchestra but rarely part of the electric mayhem. Also, neither episode had the regular closing.

I like the Kaye Ballard episode better.

As a side note, I think it might have been funny if, instead of only having Rowlf play the closing theme, the episode had the Gogolala Jubilee Jugband in the orchestra.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Definately Dudley Moore. In the Kaye Ballard ep, Floyd was the only one to speak up and nothing was really resolved at the end. At least the Dudley Moore episode, the whole band was involved. (Though I wish Zoot or Janice would have had some lines.) And I liked the plot with MOMMA and Gonzo blowing up the theater and of course Link's famous line:

Why does it always play dumb music when I talk?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Definately Dudley Moore. In the Kaye Ballard ep, Floyd was the only one to speak up and nothing was really resolved at the end.
I think both had an almost equal amount of lines from other musicians besides FlOyd and Animal. Zoot spoke in the Kaye ballard episode but not the Dudley Moore episode, and Dr. Teeth didn't speak in the kaye ballard episode but he did have one line in the Dudley Moore episode (He could have had more lines in that episode, more lines in Momma Don't Allow, and he should have been in the dressing room scene with Dudley Moore, Floyd and Animal, since Kermit wasn't there). Janice didn't speak in the Dudley Moore episode, but the Kaye Ballard episode was the only one where Trumpet Girl spoke (I can't remember if Janice appeared in this episode or not). But Floyd was the most prominant musician in both episodes, and Animal had quite a few major scenes and lines in both episodes. Notice that in the talk spot, Animal is the only musican to be there. Floyd could have been there to talk about why he hated the theme song.