Jim's female voices

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
What female characters did Jim Henson do the voices of on the Muppet Show? I am pretty sure that he did the voice of Rowlf's dancing partner during an at the dance sketch. Who else?:confused:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
What female characters did Jim Henson do the voices of on the Muppet Show? I am pretty sure that he did the voice of Rowlf's dancing partner during an at the dance sketch. Who else?:confused:
I believe he did Kermit's dance partner Mary Louise in one of the At The Dance sketches. Can't remember which episode that was, but I believe it was the first season. And he did the voice of the woman in the "I Feel Pretty" number after she morphed into a monster.

That's all I can think of right now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In an appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, Jim Henson performed a woman named Amanda. He also performed a girl who encounted Beautiful Day Monster in Beautiful Day Monsters first skit on The Ed Sullivan Show.

In The Frog Prince, while he didn't perform any women, there was a scene where Kermit tried to sound like Taminella to trick Sweetums into letting Robin out of a cage while sleeping.

In the Twiggy episode, Jim Henson performed Kermit's dance partner, Mary Louise.

On Sesame Street, Jim Henson performed a woman named Grannie Fannie Nestlerode. He also performed Grandma Happy, who appeared in an early skit called HuntFor happiness.

I wonder why Jim Henson hardly performed any female voices. Could he have hated doing female voices? Could he have thought he wasn't very good at doing those voices?

wes

Reaction score
If your male It's really hard to do female characters, for me I had a female puppet that I did over a period of several Years. It got to the point that it hurt to do the voice, and If I was doing a Show or (childrens Church)service my voice was gone for the rest of the service. I eventually phased her out!

I know Frank Oz Stated that he didn't really like doing femal Voices!

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for the info. I really just needed something tov help me remember:wink: