Jean Stapleton episode

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I myself can't help seeing Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker of All In The Family.That' why TMS episode where she guest starred,was like seeing Edith crossover to TMS from All In the Family.Though before seeing this epsiode,I recall seeing Jean out of character on a talk show once.I couldn't get over how different she was from her character Edith.She did sound more natural in the beginning of her TMS episode(she sang beautifully with Fozzie in the"Good Old Fashioned Melody"number,her real singing voice is much better than Edith's),but toward the end of the show,she sounded more like Edith.Especially during her closing number with Crazy Harry"I'm Crazy About Harry".She got a little Edithy,hahaha.TMS had an interesting variety of guest stars.Jean Stapleton also appeared on The Muppets Go Hollywood.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Jean Stapleton almost got the part of Mike Teavee's mother in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (the first, good one) but she gave it up to do All in the Family. She does sound much different when in person, doncha think?

dpurves

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember a few episodes of All in the family when she spoke very seriously, and I couldn't believe that was her speaking. I wish I could remember her being on TMS.