Japanese Sesame stuff

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks Beaker,

Those are great figures, especially the Bert!

radionate

Reaction score
We've got a few bi-lingual students here in the department. I'll have to see if any of them can translate the order information. I would love to order some stuff (mainly the Alice In Wonderland toys!)

My question is this. Does anyone on the board collect these Kubricks or Tomy Disney Figures. I'm not a fan of the Kubricks, but I'd like to get a couple of the Disney ones (and most likely the ones I want are the rare and expensive ones). I'd also kinda like to get some of the Tomy figures that were on that website too. Does anyone have any info?

beaker

Reaction score
i collect some of the anime kubricks(what their most famous for) i have the neon genesis evangelion set, and some of the other mech robot ones. the sesame ones do look prety cool eh?

now, some people might wonder what the hype over sesame products is. well...i think a lot, me included are so used to the american sesame product (ie: sesame baby toddler fisher rice stuff) that its hard to imagine an actual sesame street collector's market stuff from japan. those sesame kubricks look great, and i'd love to see more merchandise of more neglected sesame guy (honker, telly, martians, etc) as well as action figures.

i tell ya, pick up hobby japan. for years that big japanese magazine has left me drooling like a coddled fanboy^)^

uncleduke

Reaction score
The tricky part of this is: many of the Japan companies have a license which does not allow the sale of these outside Asia. (Hence the expensive secondary market costs).
I am lucky, my Mother-in-law lives in the Shen Zhen province of China. So what I would do is buy the toys, have them shipped to my Mother-n-Law, and have her ship them to me.
A little complicated perhaps, but better than paying inflated eBay prices.

Also if you are planning on ordering shirts to wear, be careful. In the US, I wear a Large. Last time I was in Beijing, I bought a jacket to wear, and it fit me perfectly (XXXXL) So order a bigger size than you normally would.