It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You think maybe she's trying to get back at you about something? :stick_out_tongue:

Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I also LOOOOOOOOOVE winter---BUT, only if it's snowy 'n icy. I HATE it when we just have dry, barren winters---I mean, what's the point?! Hello, if it's gonna go to the trouble to be that cold, then it should snow---otherwise it's just pathetic! lol
Amen, Bruddah!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Amen, Bruddah!
I'll second that amen! Winter without snow makes me crabby! :grouchy: What we end up with in Erie a lot is alternating snow and rain, so we've got icy brown snow everywhere. Yeccchhhhh.
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Wintertime is the most beautiful, wonderful time of the year! I love the snow, and I even love the cold. It's soo much better than that awful, digsuting heat.

And at night, the wintertime is twice as romantic, and even more beautiful.

I just love love love love love love love the snow, and I just love love love love love love love love the winter!
Personally, I detest winter for a few reasons

first off, I hate Shovelling snow... i mean, the fluffy stuff is fine, and cute and all, but the heavy wet stuff is a pain... I'm surprised I'm not hunched back.

Secondly... I can't stand cold weather. I mean, 40's-30's... maybe 20's I can stand, but when it's like 10 below, I start crying. I hate layers of clothing

Thirdly, with the snow and cold, there's no where to go. It's too cold to take a walk, it's too snowy to get a ride, and the Public transportaion is even slower than usual (trust me... it's bad enough as it is).

And of course, the heating costs are astronomical.

I mean, Winter is fun for about a month, December, during Christmas, but when it's March and it's still 20 degrees.... that's when you've had enough.

If it were only 70 degrees everyday... paradise! Not too hot, not too cold... just right!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
If it were only 70 degrees everyday... paradise! Not too hot, not too cold... just right!
Yeah, I could deal with 70 degrees for a good chunk of the year. But I like my seasons. :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, after that little snowfall October first... nothing. But suddenly, after a largely 60-degree and sunny week, there's a blizzard a-blowin' here!!! :eek: We're watching TV, and every five minutes or so a warning pops up from some new county or district. We're supposed to get ridiculous winds tomorrow (they're starting now - it sounds pretty scary out there!) and several inches of snow. Well - I'm working in the mall and it's looked like Christmas in there for two weeks, I guess it's about time the outside matched!
Erin

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I also LOOOOOOOOOVE winter---BUT, only if it's snowy 'n icy. I HATE it when we just have dry, barren winters---I mean, what's the point?! Hello, if it's gonna go to the trouble to be that cold, then it should snow---otherwise it's just pathetic! lol
Wow, go 'head and rub it in, there, By....I think I've seen snow a total of a/b THREE times in me life, here in Louisiana....And I LOOOOOVE snow....All we ever HAVE 'round here are dry, barren winters-or cold rainy ones, which aren't all that much fun-if it gets cold AT ALL.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
We didn't end up with much of a blizzard at all. But it sure was some wicked weather! We had winds up to I think 65 mph. It was freezing, and really loud. About two houses up the street from us, a huge pine tree, probably upwards of 30 feet tall, fell and completely blocked the street. Luckily it didn't end up in anybody's living room! But it did knock out a bunch of power cords. We've had no power since yesterday at noon. I was sitting in the freezing cold house yesterday after my dad brought me home from work and then left again, and by 4:30 it was too dark to do anything! I found a flashlight and my electric Santa Lucia wreath, and my little squeezable Pooh flashlight, and huddled under the blankets on the couch waiting for my mom and brother to get home. We found a bunch of candles when they did get home, so that helped. Then we went over to the neighbors' and shared their kerosene heater. :smile: My grandma went out of town for the weekend, and she invited us to use her house until we get our power back so that's where I am now. They were removing the tree when we left earlier today and it sounds like the power will be back tomorrow sometime. We'll probably have some spoiled food in the fridge but other than that we should be ok! The wind was definitely the worst of it. I think most of Erie didn't lose power, but some houses did because of downed trees, like us. Oh, well. It's kind of an adventure! Now I'd just like the snow I was promised...
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to say that our power came back on, probably about when I was posting that last message. My parents had an appointment and left me at my grandma's, and when they got back they said they'd been home and the power was back on. And it hasn't gone out again. So everything is back to normal again!
Erin