Is this the real Kermit puppet?

dmoss

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's one created, or had created...in my opinion, they wouldn't have let him have the actual one for such a recording...just my opinion...you never know!

Dearth

Reaction score
The mouth, eyes and hands look slightly off to me. My gut feeling is that it is a skilled reproduction.

Which reminds me... the first time I did "Little Shop of Horrors" in 1989, our puppets were the creation of a self-taught 19-year-old genius named Ryan. I think he lived in Decatur, Alabama.

Someone told me that he had built dead-on replicas of most of the Muppets for himself, and sent photos to the Henson folks to try to get a job.

Instead, he got a visit from a couple of representatives who confiscated the recreations because they were "too good".

So 21 years later, having learned a lot more about the Henson ethos, I wonder how much truth there was to that tale.

DN

Drtooth

Reaction score
That movie should have been made instead of MOZ... really should have.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL ... my first thought when clicking on the link wasn't "dang, that's a good Kermit puppet" it was "OMG ... NICKY!" LOL ... :big_grin:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
LOL ... my first thought when clicking on the link wasn't "dang, that's a good Kermit puppet" it was "OMG ... NICKY!" LOL ... :big_grin:
Why? Because, Rick Lyon was the original performer of Nicky or the puppet reminded you of Nicky?