Is this genuine?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
I have never been able to make head or tail of this commonly-made claim on eBay. Of course, if an eBay seller says i, it MUST be right :smile: But oh, for the sake of clarifying...

Take a look at http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3122882738&category=2527

a) There has never, to the best of my knowledge, been a Sesame Street character by this name

b) This Little People character (should that be "This Little Person") has never been acknowledged by this name on thisoldtoy.com or any toy collecting books I've looked at

But it still keeps showing up on eBay under this description. Is it claimed correctly, or is this woman part of some other set who has been attributed this name in the collectors' circle?

Cherry "WOO HOO! My Sesame Street Clubhouse with tyre swing and yellow slide is arriving soon" Pizza

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by CherryPizza
... is this woman part of some other set who has been attributed this name in the collectors' circle?

Yeah, that. There was no Mrs. Hooper Little People Figure. That was just a random older person figure. I had it as a kid.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jes,

There is a Mr. Hooper LP, But that auction isnt for it.

see ya

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Jes,

Originally posted by Warrick
There is a Mr. Hooper LP, But that auction isnt for it.

see ya
Warrick, I didn't say "Mr. Hooper LP", I said MRS. Hooper... they claim it is MRS. Hooper!

(Now you are starting to sound like Big Bird... Looper, Dooper... )

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Re: Re: Is this genuine?

Originally posted by FellowWLover
Yeah, that. There was no Mrs. Hooper Little People Figure. That was just a random older person figure. I had it as a kid.
Thought so, thanks.

It just seemed curious that so many auctions have been naming it Mrs Hooper.

I remember one auction in which it was claimed that Mrs Hooper is the one who took over the store when Mr Hooper died. Yeah, right!

Cherry "David wasn't THAT kinky" Pizza

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I actually emailed the seller, and he claimed that he didn't know any better. I kinda doubt that though, or why would it be priced so high?