Is There Anything Muppety To Do In New York?

beaker

Reaction score
Just for the heck of it, I was thinking of visiting New York City this coming December. Never really been before and I realize I've just have always had a strong love of the place(be it some of my favorite movies, cultural stuff, music/bands, etc)

I know sadly the Muppet Workshop is no more there, but is there anything Muppet related to visit in NYC?

Is the FAO Schwarz Muppet Workshop still there?

Looking at these, I can just imagine what seeing the Macy's Window displays are like:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Macy's_Windows

Also besides Muppet/Henson related, what are some of the must visit/cool places to check out in the big apple?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Just for the heck of it, I was thinking of visiting New York City this coming December. Never really been before and I realize I've just have always had a strong love of the place(be it some of my favorite movies, cultural stuff, music/bands, etc)

I know sadly the Muppet Workshop is no more there, but is there anything Muppet related to visit in NYC?

Is the FAO Schwarz Muppet Workshop still there?

Looking at these, I can just imagine what seeing the Macy's Window displays are like:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Macy's_Windows

Also besides Muppet/Henson related, what are some of the must visit/cool places to check out in the big apple?
There's not TOO many Muppet related places to visit in New York. You can always visit the places featured in Muppets Take Manhattan since most of those are huge touristy type places anyway like Empire State Building, etc. You can always visit the Church of St. John the Divine where Jim's memorial service was held. There's a bench in Central Park dedicated to Jim Henson (and Sesame producer Jon Stone), I do believe the FAO workshop is still there.

You can go see the old Henson Carriage House and where the workshop and townhouse used to be on E. 67th and 69th streets.

As far as other cool places to visit in NYC, what kind of stuff are you into? I always like to tell new visitors if they really want to see and get a feel for NEW YORK CITY, go down to East and West Village where there's lots of fun vintage record stores, and specialty shops. How old are you?

If you are of age, there's cool bars/music clubs to visit. I don't know if you are into standup comedy, but I LOVE the Comedy Cellar on MacDougal in the West Village. They have a top line up every night, and it's different than other comedy clubs because it's smaller and where the comedians actually try out new material. It was currently featured regularly on the F/X Channel's new show "Louie" and many big name comedians will stop in unannounced and do a set. My boyfriend and I saw Ray Romano performing there unannounced when we went. But you will ALWAYS see a good show. Great mix of name comedians, up and coming and local guys/gals.