Interesting Jim Hill article on "Muppet Christmas Carol"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was a good article. I have started wondering, does the ending song, "When Love is Found", make as much sense without "When Love is Gone"? It's still a great scene, with most of the cast, but how effective is this song on it's own (and yes, I did see this movie when it was released in theaters)?

There was also a different version of When Love is Gone sung during the credits. I assume that this version was in the soundtrack, but back when the movie was released in theaters, before the video release, I wonder if the people who bought the soundtrack wondered why there were two different versiosn of a song not in the released version of the movie.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I wonder if the people who bought the soundtrack wondered why there were two different versiosn of a song not in the released version of the movie.
No, we were more confused as to what the deal was with the songs sung by Bunsen & Beaker and Sam Eagle...at least "When Love is Gone" was heard over the credits.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
This song is definitely the heart of the movie because it shows, more clearly than anything else, that Scrooge has regrets. It shows the beginnings of his later determination that "A life can be made right!" What a positive and encouraging word that is--that regrets don't have to be fatal!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Very interesting. I always thought that the "Room In Your Heart" song was the scene that got cut. Of course, I have to take everything that man says with a big ol' grain of salt.

BJ

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Of course, I have to take everything that man says with a big ol' grain of salt.

BJ
well with all that salt you'll be ready for the winter doh ho ho ho:sleep: :boo:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'd also like to add no one is missing much with this scene being taken out it's very funny I just watched the movie lastnight I have the first release of the dvd and it has this on it and I hate the womans voice as well as the song played over the credits...Paul williams is an amazing song writter though just didnt care for the scene or the song.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
OK, my two cents.
My very first job as a teenage in 1992 was at a second run theater. We got Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve. A good chnk of us stayed late and watched it. I had seen it on opening night, and it was coo to see it again.

I flipped out when I saw it. The "edited" seen was in it.

Yes. It was. We had the movie there for about a month, and every chance I had I'd sneak in and watch a bit, it was a very small theater. And everytime I'd catch that seen I'd smile.