Info on Adult Kermit Cel required

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone give me some information/history on a adult Kermit the Frog Cel that I got off ebay.It features a clothed Kermit,wearing Hat,scarf and fingerless gloves, and he appears to be running out of a door arched building.It has the Jim Henson signiture logo on the bottom right corner and copyright Jim Henson Productions 1993.It is not a Production Cel as there have been multiples of this cel.The previous owner got them from some sort of convention.Anybody know if they were only made for some convention or what the story is behind the release? For example, is it a direct copy from artwork from a TV show, and if so, would it be from Little Muppet Monsters or perhaps Baby Kermit's Future imaginenation from Muppet Babies?Hoping someone can help?:smile:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Hi, Can anyone give me some information/history on a adult Kermit the Frog Cel that I got off ebay.It features a clothed Kermit,wearing Hat,scarf and fingerless gloves, and he appears to be running out of a door arched building.It has the Jim Henson signiture logo on the bottom right corner and copyright Jim Henson Productions 1993.It is not a Production Cel as there have been multiples of this cel.The previous owner got them from some sort of convention.Anybody know if they were only made for some convention or what the story is behind the release? For example, is it a direct copy from artwork from a TV show, and if so, would it be from Little Muppet Monsters or perhaps Baby Kermit's Future imaginenation from Muppet Babies?Hoping someone can help?:smile:
Well I can tell you this much if it was from 1993 it wasn't from ' Little Muppet Monsters ' beecause that was made in 1985, and it couldn't be from ' Muppet Babies ' either beecause if my memory serves me correctly that went out of productions in 1992 unless they did other things that wasn't a part of the series. If we saw the cell maybe someome could probably tell a little better, any chance of a scan or a web cam pic of it so we can see what you're talking about? :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This sounds very cool, I'd also like to see a scan of it if possible. :excited:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That's Kermit in his Christmas Carol get-up, only the clothes are painted all funky. Hmm.

Someone got creative with coloring book art?

muppetperson

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
That's Kermit in his Christmas Carol get-up, only the clothes are painted all funky. Hmm.

Someone got creative with coloring book art?
Hi KermieBaby47.You maybe onto something there.The Muppet Christmas Carol was released in 1993, so maybe it's a cel created to tie in with the promotion of the movie?:cool: