Info needed

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Who performed the different characters on the SNL muppets?

Which muppets were in John Denver and The Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday (IMDB just lists the performers, it doesn't list the characters)

G-MAN

Reaction score
Hope this info helps

The Land Of Gorch
Jim Henson as King Ploobis
Jerry Nelson as Scred
Alice Tweedy as Queen Peuta
Richard Hunt as Wissss
Fran Brill as Vazh
Frank Oz as The Mighty Favog

As for John Denver And The Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday, all I can give you is the performers regular characters, I don't know who was The Bear, The Jugband, or The Man-Eating Chicken (though I suspect that the first former might be Jim Henson, and the latter might be Jerry Nelson)

Jim Henson as Kermit The Frog, Rowlf The Dog, and Waldorf
Frank Oz as Animal, Fozzie Bear, and Miss Piggy
Dave Goelz as Gonzo The Great (or The Great Gonzo) and Zoot
Richard Hunt as Janice, Scooter, and Statler
Jerry Nelson as Sgt. Floyd Pepper and Robin The Frog
Stephen Whitmire as Rizzo The Rat
With John Denver as Himself, lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
Who performed the different characters on the SNL muppets?
Jim Henson performed King Ploobis. Alice Tweedy performed Queen Peuta. Jerry Nelson performed Scred. Frank Oz performed The Mighty Favog. Fran Brill performed Vash (Rhonda Hansen performed vash in her first appearance, though). Richard Hunt performed Wisss. If you need info on who performed any characters who only appeared once, Frank Oz performed a Glig (in the endangered species skit) and Food (from the christmas sketch).

Gonzo14 said:
Which muppets were in John Denver and The Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday (IMDB just lists the performers, it doesn't list the characters)
The main characters who go camping are kermit, Fozzie, Robin, Floyd, janice, Gonzo, Camillia, Rowlf, Scooter, and Rizzo. Statler and waldorf also go camping but not with the main cast, and their appearances are like their appearances on the Muppet Show and movies (they pretty much just observe what the muppets do). Miss Piggy makes two cameos, Zoot makes a cameo, all of the jugband members make a cameo, and there are brief appearances by a generic muppet bear and a giant man-eating chicken (not the same giant chicken from the nancy walker episode).

Gonzo14

Reaction score
thanks, and did the Jugband members talk, because I'm working on a muppets database and I'm wondering if I should credit them

minor muppetz

Reaction score
the jugband spoke

Yes, the jugband spoke. all male members of the jugband had lines. I think Lou migth have had an off-camera line. When Lobbock Lou sings, it's a close-up shot of him, and we briefly hear a voice that says "crystal clear!" which sounds like either a dave goelz or steve whitmire voice (i can't tell which one it is, but since louise gold didn't perform in the special she obviously couldn't have voiced her). All of the other members spoke, and her seen, so it couldn't have been any of the others.

I know you didn't ask, but in case you are wondering, dave Goelz performed Lobbock Lou, Jerry nelson performed jerry, Jim henson performed zeke, richard hunt performed bubba, and frank oz performed gramps (in other words, all regular performers except for whoever performed lou. they have occassionally been voiced by other performers).

They sang a song called "take it away".

If you need to know which bear was in it, it was the bear who appeared in Lullaby of broadway (in the gilda radner episode) and at the end of the marty Feldman episode. I can't remember if this bear is brown or gray.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
I thought Jerry Nelson did Gramps
the only time i know of that jerry nelson performed gramps was in the Bob Hope episode. i am not sure if jerry nelson performed him in any other appearances, but jerry nelson usually performed jerry, who was usually the lead singer of the jugband songs (despite the fact that the band was called Lobbock Lou And His Jughuggers). Richard Hunt also performed Gramps in the Peter sellers episode. If you got your info about jerry nelson performing gramps by reading the kermitage character guide, I am not sure whether that info is right or not. I do not know if any performers have voiced him more than once, but I suspect that Frank Oz probably performed him in all second season jugband numbers, although gramps didn't speak in any jugband number from the secodn season.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I forgot to ask, which characters were in Muppets Inside, the CD ROM game or Muppet Monster Adventure, any info will do :smile:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
nevermind Muppets Inside, but I still need Muppet Monster Adventure info