I'm . . . Kind of Curious About Something. . . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know if this might be a little too . . . peculiar, or maybe even morbid, but recently, I've really been curious about something. . . .

If anyone has ever watched shows like AMERICA'S MOST WANTED, or more recently, THE HUNT WITH JOH WALSH, you know that quite often whenever a perpetrator or a victim go missing over a period of time, artists are brought in to produce age-enhanced sketches or busts to give a possible idea of what these people may look like in the present time.

Every year, when it's Jim's birthday, we always talking about how old he would be if he were still alive today (80, as of the creation of this thread) . . . but part of me is actually rather curious as to what he might look like today if he were still alive. It seemed to me that during the final years of his life, the failures of certain projects (LABYRINTH, JHH, etc.) as well as the ongoing and mountaining frustrations of running his company (especially between HA! in New York and Creature Shop in London) were taking a physical toll and aging him a little more quickly and he was already gray by the time he turned 50. I'm not sure, but I almost imagine that today, he would look like a really frail, thin, yet lanky Santa Claus. I could also seem him needing glasses as well (BJJ's book mentioned this in passing).

Like I said, it's just my curiosity.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's something I think about sometimes too. But I don't think he'd look too bad, considering if he had even made it to 80 he'd have probably been pretty healthy at some point during his later life. As we mentioned in the Weekly Survey thread, I think Jim, being the free spirited creative person he was, probably would've taken a backseat in terms of business to do more of what he loved, i.e. creating and performing, maybe writing more. I like to think that the late 80s- 1990 would've just been a short rough patch in his life that he quickly got over. Of course, dealing with a big corporation like Disney, maybe that's not realistic, but given his nature, I just can't imagine anything like that plaguing him for too long.

Beauregard

Reaction score
He'd look like Love.

And possibly also like the Guru from TMS1.

*sigh* Never even mind what he might look like, imagine what the world would look like.

Bea:zany:{What the world, needs now}regard

Beauregard

Reaction score
And the world would have a pointy collar.

gravy

Reaction score
I bet you can hire someone to do this online.