Hugga Wugga

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
The Second I saw Hugga Wugga the first thought in my head "thier doing a dr seuss sketch?" Any body else thing Hugga Wugga looks like something Dr. Seuss would come up with?

P

Princeton

I couldn't help but think that they were doing a take-off of Mahna Mahna. But I suppose you have a point, Squall; very Seuss-esque.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I had heard the song, but I never saw it, I was amused

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
On Muppet Magic,there is a sketch called Sclrap-Flyapp
,an early version of Hugga Wugga.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Sclrap-Flyapp"[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Original Airdate: November 24, 1968
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Jim's love of jazz is evident in this piece. Originally performed on "The Today Show" and "The Tonight Show", the characters have pipe-shaped bodies that pop up in the swirling smoke. Jim played with the idea of combining eerie music, visual imagery and special effects. For example, the characters' eyes move around their heads and occasionally light up.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This sketch is a precursor to what would become "Buggy Mugger" for Nancy Sinatra's Las Vegas Show, and "Hugga Wugga" for the Phyllis Diller episode of the Muppet Show. Jim would eventually tie-in one of his favorite songs, "You Are My Sunshine" with this sketch.[/font]

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
The characters evolved over the years and different versions of the same sketch, although I agree that the final versions of Hugga Wugga and especially the green alien are a little bit Seussical.

Anyone else notice in the backstage scene afterward that George the Janitor is walking offstage? And did you notice what he's CARRYING? Is this supposed to be an inside joke on puppets performed by puppets, or is he carrying a corpse/stunned creature/disembodied head? I still haven't figured it out- maybe it says something in the original script.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Beauregard

Reaction score
Strangely there is no Muppet Morsel about that....It jsut sticks up somethign unrealated. But it seems that Geaorge is holding...Hugga Wugga himself.