Hi. Sesame Street is my childhood time capsule.

Tiva

Reaction score
Hello all, ever since I was a little kid I adored the world of Sesame Street. I used to wish to live there, my dad raised me on all the cool movies, cartoons and shows, he was an illustrator and was a big kid. My mom was always busy working or doing housework or on the telephone so I got to watch sesame street every day of my childhood in England in the 80s. Sesame Street for a large part of my childhood was the most consistent family presence I had, don't get me wrong, we had a nice home and a great childhood but nothing was like Sesame Street and I truly wished it was real when I was small. My mom brought me to "see the muppets" when I was maybe 5 or 6, to my dismay, they were in glass cases at a museum event in dublin, rooms with old sesame street videos and lifeless muppets in cases really sunk my heart, that day I found out they weren't real, I really remember the feeling like it was yesterday. After that I chose to believe they were real but like toy story (i was ahead of the game) they just also had times of not showing us they were real, I basically enjoyed Sesame Street and all of its awesome toys, books and games all of my life. Elmo is cool but not my vibe, big bird is my favourite along with older classics and the great people who worked like family with the muppets. I felt saddened by the way they changed the show later on to be really young and less of the awesome things and muppets they used to have in the older seasons. The 80s and 90s are my childhood seasons of my life. I raised my own kids on the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s episodes which we watched and still watch together to this day.
I am an illustrator, a gamer and a really cool mom to toot my own broken trumpet! Im sure sesame street helped me to become the me i am today. Glad to join places with people who appreciate the greatness of this show I believe should still be available in every season and episode and its not in the uk sadly so we just find what we can online until some day i can find the entire hq collection (the dvds are so bad, give us full seasons!) and treasure it forever.

GizmoAkimbo

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experiences regarding Sesame Street---it's great to know it's had such a long lasting, positive effect on people! For me personally, I actually wouldn't have ever gone near anything Sesame Street when I was fairly young; I was actually horrified of puppets. It wasn't until a cousin of mine, who absolutely loved them, sat me down in front of the television and watched through an episode with me. It gave me very fond moments with family, and I'm glad to see that it's done that for others and the generations that follow!

Tiva

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experiences regarding Sesame Street---it's great to know it's had such a long lasting, positive effect on people! For me personally, I actually wouldn't have ever gone near anything Sesame Street when I was fairly young; I was actually horrified of puppets. It wasn't until a cousin of mine, who absolutely loved them, sat me down in front of the television and watched through an episode with me. It gave me very fond moments with family, and I'm glad to see that it's done that for others and the generations that follow!
Thats really nice, rewatching old episodes is comforting and the guest appearances in the older episodes are amazing. Time has definitely flown and its nice to go back to that time in my own time machine through cartoons and shows like sesame street.