Hi, I'm Bliffenstimmers. AMA

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
What's your favorite Muppet production?
Muppet productions come in a lot of different flavors, so there are many I favor for different reasons.

Fraggle Rock is in my wholehearted opinion one of, if not the single greatest children's program there is. Strong characterization and writing plus high production values and that signature Muppet whimsy and design make it solid viewing any day.

The 1979 Muppet Movie is a bonafide classic, but of the Muppet movies my personal favorite is The Muppets Take Manhattan. It's the one I saw the most growing up, and it's got a very different feeling to it than most Muppet movies. Lots of great character interactions and especially great scenes with Miss Piggy.

Of course everyone loves Sesame Street and the Muppet Show, but perhaps the third favorite Muppet production(s) I'd choose are the Tales from Muppetland specials. The Muppets were still finding their footing around these times, and each of these specials provide a different flavor of early Muppet weirdness that I love. As an honorable mention along those lines, Tales of the Tinkerdee is a fantastic pilot filled with fast paced humor akin to Stan Freberg records or Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Muppet productions come in a lot of different flavors, so there are many I favor for different reasons.

Fraggle Rock is in my wholehearted opinion one of, if not the single greatest children's program there is. Strong characterization and writing plus high production values and that signature Muppet whimsy and design make it solid viewing any day.

The 1979 Muppet Movie is a bonafide classic, but of the Muppet movies my personal favorite is The Muppets Take Manhattan. It's the one I saw the most growing up, and it's got a very different feeling to it than most Muppet movies. Lots of great character interactions and especially great scenes with Miss Piggy.

Of course everyone loves Sesame Street and the Muppet Show, but perhaps the third favorite Muppet production(s) I'd choose are the Tales from Muppetland specials. The Muppets were still finding their footing around these times, and each of these specials provide a different flavor of early Muppet weirdness that I love. As an honorable mention along those lines, Tales of the Tinkerdee is a fantastic pilot filled with fast paced humor akin to Stan Freberg records or Rocky and Bullwinkle.
vry good choices

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If you came over for dinner, what would you want me to cook you?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Favorite cartoon?
My top 5, in no particular order: Roger Ramjet, The Alvin Show, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Top Cat, and the first few seasons of Adventure Time.

I could go on for hours about those cartoons alone and I still wouldn't be done, cause I have so many others I'd like to mention as well! As an animator and cartoonist myself, I see the good things in all cartoons really, but there are a lot of exceptional ones, some you wouldn't expect without looking into them.