Henson's Place

zns

Reaction score
I'm just curious. What exactly is the tv special "Henson's Place" about?

KermiClown

Reaction score
It's a wonderful English-produced documentary about Jim Henson with lots of interviews with people who worked with Henson.

zns

Reaction score
I figured that that was what it was about. Don't they have like a tour through the NY offices or something? I remember seeing a photo of Jim talking with Big Bird in his office.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
oooooo This sounds cool!...It sounds like something I'd want to see...

goshposh

Reaction score
kermit and piggy talk about jim too. they dont arent too sure who he is

Lab Rat

Reaction score
"Hensons place" appears as a special feature on the european fraggle rock dvd's i got it recently from e-bay

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Here's a quote from IMDB on it:

"A wonderful documentary with featured performance clips and interviews featuring Jim and Jane Henson, Frank Oz and others. The documentary focuses on the Muppet phenomena and a look at the behind-the-scenes of the Jim Henson Company in its glory days. The Documentary was originally produced for French and British television and eventually found it's way to the United States."

It's a great special about the company.

My other favorite Henson company documentary I believe was titled; "Of Muppets and Men: The Making of the Muppet Show". I haven't seen that video in over 20 years. That was great too. The video's title was similar to the book title.
I hope that video is eventually included in future Muppet Show DVD sets.