Happy Birthday "The Muppet Movie"!!!

Tim

Reaction score
On this day (June 23) in 1979 "The Muppet Movie" opened!
Happy 27th Birthday!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I will never lose appreciation for one of the most inspirational movies of all time.

Kermit's discussion with himself in the desert always lifts my spirits and sets me right back on my creative track!!

Thanks for pointing this out, Tim!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! that's great! Now if only could have done something to celebrate it.

superboober

Reaction score
As fate would have it I put it on just before I read this message. Happy anniversary. :smile:

Tim

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Wow! that's great! Now if only could have done something to celebrate it.
Yeah..I was REALL disappointed that NOTHING was done for the 25th. Maybe Henson was dealing with Disney at the time, but it was a bad business move for it to go totaly unnoticed.

I would hope some day for a "special edition" of whatever kind of technology we'll be enjoying it on, with a new "making of" documentary, interviews, behind the scenes, stills, outtakes, alternate audio takes and maybe a featurette on "Jim Henson-Flm Maker" with clips of everything he-and the company has done film-wise.

Nah..too much to hope for, and besides, that's "old school".

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Happy 27th TMM

I Can still see you know ohh here you are on DVD Case`

dpurves

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a shame that there was nothing done to commemmorate the 25th anniversary of this classic movie. Well, the 30th is right around the corner, although I doubt they'll do anything then either.

I wish I remember the exact date I went to see this for the first time. I know I saw it several times that summer, and loved it each and every time. To this day it remains one of the very few movies I can watch over and over and appreciate at least as much as I did in that very first viewing.