guest stars who didn't close the show

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to start a thread concerning guest stars who did not do a closing number or act on The Muppet Show.

Here are the guest stars that I know of who weren't part of the final act:

Juliet Prowse
Florence Henderson (Happy Together would have been a good closing number)
Harvey Korman
Zero Mostel
Jonathan Winters (sort of... he appeared backstage throughout the closing number)

is there anybody else?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of first season eps had closing numbers without the guest stars. I thought after that season, the guest always appeared in the closing number.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I don't think Ruth Buzzi closed the show when she guest starred(but she did introduce the closing number which doesn't count, I don't think).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
I don't think Ruth Buzzi closed the show when she guest starred(but she did introduce the closing number which doesn't count, I don't think).
Although You Can't Rollerskate In a Buffalo Herd was introduced as the closing number, that was followed by a conversation panel sketch with Ruth Buzzi. I wonder if that sketch was originally meant to be shown earlier but moved to the end of the show at the last minute (after everything had been filmed). Another odd thing about this episode is that Ruth Buzzis first act wasn't shown untill right before the commercial break, and she didn't appear backstage or in a dressing room earlier.