Gripe about the Current Miss Piggy Puppet

muppetperson

Reaction score
Is it just me, or anybody else find something off about the current Miss Piggy? Since her appearance on the Today show takeover, there has been something that I dont like about her.Her expression seems to be off.I have looked at the Chrismas photo on the home page here, and it looks like her eyes are too big.Or is it her nose? Before,her nose was smaller than the width of both eyes.Now the nose is almost the same size.maybe she doesnt have enough forehead?.:mad:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think it is that her eyes might be bigger....

muppetinsider

Reaction score
The current builders or builder for the puppet sculpts it out of a block of foam; it's like they went backwards with the process. That is how they use to do it back in the old Muppet Show days; although those Piggy's looked much better then the random people that are doing it now.
Then around 1980 they started using a mold, which to me makes the most sense. I guess for budgetary reasons and lack of knowledge of the current company that builds them they went back to sculpting it out of a block, which is why her head is so off sometimes. Her lower lip is way too wide, take a look at the old pouty bottom lip and compare it with this wide flat looking one. Big difference.
But that's Disney for you, lets go with the lowest bidder.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It really is the whole design that's off. Her eye placement has really gone downhill. Her lahshes used to have more depth and there used to be just much more of a spark to them. It really is a puppet building issue. There are some shots in the new special where she looks good and others that aren't so hot. I think the Disney folk should go back to an updated GMC look for the pig.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ironically, i think that's actually what they're trying to do as the overall design is pretty close to gmc-era Piggy - esp compared to the ones before...they just don't have the proportions quite there which throws it off...but if they got it down, she could very much look like Piggy circa 81

rexcrk

Reaction score
Personally I can't stand the way Fozzie's looked for a long time now... I definitely prefer the way he looked during the Great Muppet Caper-era.