Gonzo and Fozzie's relationship

Saironi

Reaction score
These two seem to be a good pairing of characters performed by Dave and Frank and seem to mix well together. They often inadverantly seem to team up to cause Kermit some frustration with their silly behavior and in my opinion, Fozzie was probably meant to have more of a friend relationship in the first season than with Kermit.

If you read the original pilot for the Juliet episode, it has Fozzie addressing Gonzo like they've known each other before they came to work at the theatre.

In the Goodnights for the Joel Grey episode, Fozzie has his hand on Gonzo's back in a friendly gesture.

Gonzo seems to find just as much fun in poking fun at Kermit for not knowing what the banana sketch is and also seems to find Fozzie's practical jokes on Kermit during the Candice Bergen episode as much as Fozzie himself (he seems excited nods before Fozzie performs his final joke on the frog).

The two perform in a sketch where Gonzo rents a "summer cottage" and to me that said Gonzo considered Fozzie his friend, maybe his only friend.

Fozzie is touched when Gonzo says "If the bear goes, the Gonzo goes", which may have sparked a friendship, since Fozzie assumed Gonzo was the only one who liked him when he was really talking about his teddy bear. He also asks Gonzo to perform an act with him when a puppeteer in on the show instead of Kermit, who's standing right there.

It seems like the fact that they're both struggling performers gives them a lot in common and they make a good comedy team.

Care to debate this?

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
gonzo and fozzie are my two favorites! they have a BFF relationship going on between them. thats sweet... :smile:

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious that the two are close. Not as close as Fozzie and Kermit, maybe, but there is a definete friendship cemented between the two. Just like the friendship between Fozzie and Rowlf...Not shown on screen as much, but they seem pretty chummy on the Muppet Show when Kermit and Piggy aren't around.